cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally above $10K Disco with CLI

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Finally above $10K Disco with CLI

I started out with a secured card from DSC at $500 that graduated into unsecured. Got a 2nd card but was having problems growing the previously secured card. The second card was growing at $500 increments but I capitalized on those double dips.  Been sitting at 4K on the 2nd card and only 3200 on the previously secured.  I finally got a $1500 increase on the $4K card and double dipped to make it $7K.

I wanted to combine the limits and get rid of the previously secured card, thinking it was trapped in a secured bucket. I had to wait until the receiving card was eligible for an increase, which it was, so I combined them for a $10,200 cl and axed the previously secured card.

Had I been thinking... I should have tried for an increase on the previously secured card and then combined but, I've never been able to get an increase on both at the same time so, who knows. But, my goal was to get over $10K. Now to get it over $20K.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 699 TU, 770 EQ, 775 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally above $10K Disco with CLI

@ohjoy wrote:

I started out with a secured card from DSC at $500 that graduated into unsecured. Got a 2nd card but was having problems growing the previously secured card. The second card was growing at $500 increments but I capitalized on those double dips.  Been sitting at 4K on the 2nd card and only 3200 on the previously secured.  I finally got a $1500 increase on the $4K card and double dipped to make it $7K.

I wanted to combine the limits and get rid of the previously secured card, thinking it was trapped in a secured bucket. I had to wait until the receiving card was eligible for an increase, which it was, so I combined them for a $10,200 cl and axed the previously secured card.

Had I been thinking... I should have tried for an increase on the previously secured card and then combined but, I've never been able to get an increase on both at the same time so, who knows. But, my goal was to get over $10K. Now to get it over $20K.

Awesome! I just got my 1st Discover (not secured) to $10,200. I'm hoping once I get it paid off by May they will give me another decent CLI.

Message 2 of 27
Senior Contributor

Congrats @ohjoy  on very nice CLI !!!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 3 of 27
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Our Disco cards are the same color lol (pink)

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 4 of 27
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ohjoy wrote:

Well done. Nice strategy. Congratulations. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 5 of 27
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI and combining of both lines!

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 6 of 27
Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Success with your Disco CLI Strategy!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $12.5K | Discover $15.5K | OpenSky $300 BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) | BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K |
Apple Card MC $6K | NFCU cashRewards $1K
TCL - $114K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 7 of 27
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Discover love. 

Starting Score: TU 527, EQ 543, EX 563
Current Score: TU 690, EQ 677, EX 694
Goal Score:725 Across The Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 27
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the discooo combooo!! I think you made the right decision.. 20k right around the corner!!!

Starting scores - 480 - 11/05/18
Current Scores -

Message 9 of 27
Senior Contributor

Congrats Ohjoy !

Just crossed the Disco $10k barrier myself

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>09/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Jack Webb: "That figures. Now let me see if I got the facts straight here. Cleaning woman Clara Clifford discovered your clean copper clappers kept in a closet were copped by Claude Cooper the kleptomaniac from Cleveland. Now, is that about it?"
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.