Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally above $10K Disco with CLI

tag
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Finally above $10K Disco with CLI

I started out with a secured card from DSC at $500 that graduated into unsecured. Got a 2nd card but was having problems growing the previously secured card. The second card was growing at $500 increments but I capitalized on those double dips.  Been sitting at 4K on the 2nd card and only 3200 on the previously secured.  I finally got a $1500 increase on the $4K card and double dipped to make it $7K.

I wanted to combine the limits and get rid of the previously secured card, thinking it was trapped in a secured bucket. I had to wait until the receiving card was eligible for an increase, which it was, so I combined them for a $10,200 cl and axed the previously secured card.

Had I been thinking... I should have tried for an increase on the previously secured card and then combined but, I've never been able to get an increase on both at the same time so, who knows. But, my goal was to get over $10K. Now to get it over $20K.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally above $10K Disco with CLI

@ohjoy wrote:

I started out with a secured card from DSC at $500 that graduated into unsecured. Got a 2nd card but was having problems growing the previously secured card. The second card was growing at $500 increments but I capitalized on those double dips.  Been sitting at 4K on the 2nd card and only 3200 on the previously secured.  I finally got a $1500 increase on the $4K card and double dipped to make it $7K.

I wanted to combine the limits and get rid of the previously secured card, thinking it was trapped in a secured bucket. I had to wait until the receiving card was eligible for an increase, which it was, so I combined them for a $10,200 cl and axed the previously secured card.

Had I been thinking... I should have tried for an increase on the previously secured card and then combined but, I've never been able to get an increase on both at the same time so, who knows. But, my goal was to get over $10K. Now to get it over $20K.

Awesome! I just got my 1st Discover (not secured) to $10,200. I'm hoping once I get it paid off by May they will give me another decent CLI.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @ohjoy  on very nice CLI !!!!!

Message 3 of 27
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Our Disco cards are the same color lol (pink)

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ohjoy wrote:

Well done. Nice strategy. Congratulations. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 27
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI and combining of both lines!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 27
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Success with your Disco CLI Strategy!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Discover love. 

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the discooo combooo!! I think you made the right decision.. 20k right around the corner!!!

Message 9 of 27
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Ohjoy !

Just crossed the Disco $10k barrier myself

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.