cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally an AMEX member - Gold and BCP both approved!

tag
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally an AMEX member - Gold and BCP both approved!

Congrats on those two Amex approvals....... use & pay them correctly & they'll certainly grow over time.

Message 11 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 12 of 19
dacv01
Regular Contributor

@ORllyNao wrote:

So, after I finally got a denial from Chase (after going round and round with them for days trying to prove my DOB to them), I decided to see if AMEX had any pre-quals for me before I gave up and headed back to the garden for real this time

Pre-qualify popped up with a couple of Delta cards, the Platinum card, and the Gold card (which I've been eyeing). I went ahead and applied for the Gold card, since it's just a soft pull and would only HP if approved and I accepted the offer. Spinny wheel and then APPROVED! I accepted, and my shiny new Rose Gold card arrived 2 days later! SUB - 60k MRs after $4k spend in 6mo, 

I've also really been wanting the Blue Cash Preferred card, but it never shows up in the list of pre-qualified. I've seen that AMEX sometimes does approvals for additional cards with just a SP, but being brand new to AMEX, I didn't want to risk a HP on a denial. When I'm logged in, the apps don't have the "won't affect your score" wording anymore, either. Felt too risky, so I went incognito and did the BCP app the same way I did for the Gold, SP unless approved and I accepted. Spinny wheel again and then APPROVED! Low starting limit of $1k, but not surprised by that. SUB - 0% APR for 12 months (purchases and BTs), $350 back after $3k spend in 6mo, $0 Buy Now, Pay Later plan fees for 12mo. 

Some DPs below: 

FICO 8 scores (as of today) - TU 681, EX 675, EQ 681

Inq's at time of 1st app - TU 10, EX 8

At time of 2nd app - TU 11, EX 9

New accounts - 2/12 and 3/24

No collections are on my report (last one finally got removed!), but several old COs with $0 balances are - all 5-6 years old

HP for Amex Gold hit both TU and EX

Accepting the BCP offer did result in another HP, but this one was EX only

Really happy about finally getting in the door with Amex and I'm excited to start earning rewards! Dining out, groceries, and gas are my top spending categories, so I feel like I'll get a lot of mileage out of these cards. 

Back to the garden for real now, tho. Need to let some of those inquiries age and fall off! 

I have certainly been one to take advantage of Amex SP if you are already an existing member. I have added 7 new Amex cards this year, without a single HP. Once you get your relationship established with Amex, they will open more doors. Congrats on your approvals!

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 13 of 19
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Congrats on the double Amex approvals! Good stuff!!

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 14 of 19
arifjk
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval of both AMEX cards 

AVEN Visa $80k; BCU LOC $50k; PSECU LOC: $20K; Langley FCU LOC $10K; CuSoCal LOC $25k; BECU LOC: 15k; Apple FCU LOC $20k

Message 15 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on  both your AMEX Approvals!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 16 of 19
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 17 of 19
Mones
Frequent Contributor

I was following your Chase denial thread, but hey, at least you got two good cards at the end of the day. Great two approvals! I'm sure AMEX will do you well, a lot of people in the community really seem to like them.

Current Cards (in order of approval)

Closed Cards

Current FICO 8 Scores:
Inquires (6/12/24):
Account Age metrics:
Updated Mar 12th, 2024
Message 18 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats, but are you sure you got 0% APR on BTs? Cause it seemed like lately Amex wasn't allowing BTs at all - or at least not for me. My credit card T&C's explicitly said no BTs allowed.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.