cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally back in with AMEX! Delta Gold Skymiles approved!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally back in with AMEX! Delta Gold Skymiles approved!!

Congrats on the Approval!!! 

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 31
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

That's phenomenal growth in just one year! Thanks for sharing your experience taxi818! Has that been your daily driver? How often do you typically pay on your card in the course of a month? I know some lenders frown on more than once a month. I've gotten in the habit of paying multiple times a month with some of my cards, making it easier to manage. Prior to my CCCS I only ever paid once a month, so though I have had Amex in the past, I'm not sure what they like to see. 

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 13 of 31
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Thank you @credit_is_crack and @poncedeleon! I will be trying hard not to stalk my mailbox over the next week Smiley Wink

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Congrats. I know people bash the delta card. But i love mine. Mine grew to 20k in less than a year and i just bought my first ticket using miles. Got a ticket from Tampa to New York. (jfk). 10k miles one way and $5.60. Outstanding.

Yeah the complaints are more with the SkyMiles program than with the actual service you get on Delta. I don't fly American or United, so I'm loyal to Delta. But as you said, there are still plenty of good flights to redeem your miles on...especially if you don't require business class.

Message 15 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ohreally7654 wrote:

That's phenomenal growth in just one year! Thanks for sharing your experience taxi818! Has that been your daily driver? How often do you typically pay on your card in the course of a month? I know some lenders frown on more than once a month. I've gotten in the habit of paying multiple times a month with some of my cards, making it easier to manage. Prior to my CCCS I only ever paid once a month, so though I have had Amex in the past, I'm not sure what they like to see. 

Well i have had it a couple years now. But at that time it was. I was putting everything through it. Now i just pay once or twice a month. But at the time i was paying maybe 4 times a month after the first month.

Amex has a policy in the first 30 days they will only let you make one payment a month unless you push it through your bank. After first 30 days you can make as many payments as you like. They even encourage it. Example if you paid your bill and still have balance. They will say 0 is due but you can pay more or again to save on interest. They don't really care if you only pay once a month though. Its all good. Unfornuately when you get a 1k Limit with Amex. This is a probationary Limit. No one really knows how long it takes to grow. me and my brother got our amex within a month or so of each other. He started at 1k. i started at 3500. he is still at 1k. He gave up asking for increases. I would say the first year with that limit chances are slim you will get increase. But it does happen. if you push all through it and nearly max it out they will give you auto increase. Once that happens the famouse 3 time increase goes into effect. After every approved increase every 180 days ask again and it will triple. easy enough to be up there with the big boys in just a couple of years. Good luck.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Thank you @credit_is_crack and @Anonymous! I will be trying hard not to stalk my mailbox over the next week Smiley Wink

What was your sign up bonus?

Message 17 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Congrats. I know people bash the delta card. But i love mine. Mine grew to 20k in less than a year and i just bought my first ticket using miles. Got a ticket from Tampa to New York. (jfk). 10k miles one way and $5.60. Outstanding.

Yeah the complaints are more with the SkyMiles program than with the actual service you get on Delta. I don't fly American or United, so I'm loyal to Delta. But as you said, there are still plenty of good flights to redeem your miles on...especially if you don't require business class.

Well i learned a little trick to boost my miles per dollar. if you sign up for delta's shopping portal the miles are off the chart per dollar. Moms day is tomorrow. 35 skymiles per dollar for flowers for mom. Chocolates. 10miles per dollar for moms. It will add up fast when you have the bonus catagories.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to the OP!  
Mother's Day is next Sunday, not tomorrow. Mom will be REALLY surprise if you show up with flowers and chocolates tomorrow. 
@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Well i learned a little trick to boost my miles per dollar. if you sign up for delta's shopping portal the miles are off the chart per dollar. Moms day is tomorrow. 35 skymiles per dollar for flowers for mom. Chocolates. 10miles per dollar for moms. It will add up fast when you have the bonus catagories.

Message 19 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats to the OP!  
Mother's Day is next Sunday, not tomorrow. Mom will be REALLY surprise if you show up with flowers and chocolates tomorrow. 
@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

So true. yep. i will have them delivered. I think she will be happy either way. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.