Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got a flu with penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got a flu with penfed

Been a member for 7 months.minitially got approved for a prvs for $5k (substantially lower than my other cards) recon declined in February. Applied for a auto loan in May got approved, apped at the same time for an increase, declined. July comes around applied for a PLOC, declined, reconed to 10k. Asked for an increase in the card (had spent about $4000 on the card but had a zero balance) declined. Rep suggested requesting when there was a balance on the card so I did a balance transfer waited a couple weeks then re requested an increase yesterday routed to a loan officer. Got an email today approved for 10k (5k increase). Haven't had to work so hard for a Cli like this before with the exception of discover who... Loves giving me $500 increases 😭
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally got a flu with penfed

@Anonymous wrote:
Been a member for 7 months.minitially got approved for a prvs for $5k (substantially lower than my other cards) recon declined in February. Applied for a auto loan in May got approved, apped at the same time for an increase, declined. July comes around applied for a PLOC, declined, reconed to 10k. Asked for an increase in the card (had spent about $4000 on the card but had a zero balance) declined. Rep suggested requesting when there was a balance on the card so I did a balance transfer waited a couple weeks then re requested an increase yesterday routed to a loan officer. Got an email today approved for 10k (5k increase). Haven't had to work so hard for a Cli like this before with the exception of discover who... Loves giving me $500 increases 😭

I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon Robot tongue

congrats on your CLI

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Feel better!!Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

If Penfed gave you the FLU im definitely staying away from them haha jk congrats
Message 4 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also just curious how much of a balance did you have on the card when you asked for the CLI I always thought it would look better not to have a balance when asking for one , guess they look at it as they are gonna make money off of you that way ..
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! Well done!

Message 6 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

Try this:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.