Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got a milestone limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got a milestone limit

I have been repairing my credit for 6 months, got 3 collections accounts deleted (one of which I was sued for and won), 4 negative payment history items deleted, and as now working on getting some inquiries deleted. I started with a 590 and now have a 715 avg.

I was approved today for a $5k limit usaa card and a $20k navy federal card.

Anyways, for anyone in the trenches fighting the good fight, just know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and you can put those mistakes behind you.

Just wanted to pop in and share my success and hopefully motivate someone out there!
20 REPLIES 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally got a milestone limit

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been repairing my credit for 6 months, got 3 collections accounts deleted (one of which I was sued for and won), 4 negative payment history items deleted, and as now working on getting some inquiries deleted. I started with a 590 and now have a 715 avg.

Anyways, for anyone in the trenches fighting the good fight, just know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and you can put those mistakes behind you.

Just wanted to pop in and share my success and hopefully motivate someone out there!

Hi OP and welcome to the Forum!  Congrats on the clean up and approvals.  Enjoy those new cards when they arrive.  Nurture them well and continue to build your profile and watch doors continue to open.  Congrats again and do stick around, there's lots to be learned around these here parts. 

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks buddy, here are my plans moving forward: continue to try and remove inquiries, balance transfer from my other card to bring the utilization under 10%, request limit increases in 6 months, water my garden Smiley Happy

I’ve found this forum very helpful in my journey and finally created an account. I appreciate you all!
Message 3 of 21
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

Keep moving forward to bigger and better credit!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome!!

Its great to see someone else take the bull by the horns and fight for what we want in life.

Can you share you story on the fight with how you won the suit? If too personal no worries.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 21
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATUTIONS.gif

Message 6 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your journey and not giving up! Great Limits too!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 21
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your milestone, and good luck moving forward!

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, and I would be happy to share the lawsuit details. 

The debt was from 4-5 years ago for about $1500 or so.  

Prior to the lawsuit I offered them a settlement of about half and they declined, so I figured I'd rather spend my money on my defense than paying these people who I didn't even originally owe. So, I paid a local bankruptcy attorney $500 to defend me and he came up with the following defense:

He used the arbitration clause in the agreement I had with the original creditor to force them to give up. Since arbitration costs about $2500 or so to start, it wouldn't have been worth it for them to pay $2500+ to potentially collect $1500. So, they declined the arbitration and the case was dismissed with prejudice. They can't try and collect on the debt, they can't sell the debt, and I can't sue them for anything related to the debt. Case closed! 

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome!! More importantly, congratulations on your success! Those are super superb SLs with both USAA and NFCU 👌🏾👌🏾

Best wishes on your journey!
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.