Did you mean: 

Finally got a milestone limit

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Finally got a milestone limit

Huge congratulations @quamfy and welcome to MyFICO

It never fails—patience, hard work, and a focused goal always win the race.

Kudos to you and continued success on your journey.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 🎊😉
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, and I would be happy to share the lawsuit details. 

The debt was from 4-5 years ago for about $1500 or so.  

Prior to the lawsuit I offered them a settlement of about half and they declined, so I figured I'd rather spend my money on my defense than paying these people who I didn't even originally owe. So, I paid a local bankruptcy attorney $500 to defend me and he came up with the following defense:

He used the arbitration clause in the agreement I had with the original creditor to force them to give up. Since arbitration costs about $2500 or so to start, it wouldn't have been worth it for them to pay $2500+ to potentially collect $1500. So, they declined the arbitration and the case was dismissed with prejudice. They can't try and collect on the debt, they can't sell the debt, and I can't sue them for anything related to the debt. Case closed! 

Wow! Thats excellent! Once again welcome to the forums and as others have said there are loads to learn here and your continued hard work will open doors for better opportunities!!!

Message 13 of 21
NextUp2bat
New Contributor

Hey n_la,

New to site. My credit is in great shape but I am trying to help my sister to rebuild her credit and I saw your impressive credentials. May I ask how you were able to increase your credit scores so rapidly?

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NextUp2bat - Thank you for your kind words. However, I hardly find my profile impressive! Quite the opposite, actually. 😂 Like so many people here, I am in the process of rebuilding from a very mismanaged past. Specifically, complete fiscal insanity of the past.

My early success can be contributed to absorbing a lot of information that is available right here on these threads, 24/7/365. Now, realistically, there is bad information here. There is also, a depth of knowledge, concepts, strategies, stories, and data points that are simply invaluable! I read, ask questions, compare data points, and apply what I need from each thread; and discard the rest.

I also try to play by the rules 😬😬 This is a Credit Card Approvals thread, so I am happy to PM you with some specifics about my rebuild that has worked for ME!

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and monster SL  !!!!

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to give an update and add that I was also approved for a Platinum card from Desert Financial credit union here in AZ. 0% apr on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months, $18,700 limit!

They pulled Transunion, score was 767 with a few inq’s and a 4% utilization with $40k of available credit. Newest account is a few months old.
Message 17 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats @quamfy

Very nice SL.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 21
_NERD
Established Contributor

Wow great job! 

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s amazing! You worked hard for this and now you’re reaping the rewards! Thanks for the inspiration!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.