Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got all four. Discover IT!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got all four. Discover IT!

I sat on this offer for the longest because I didn't want to have too many cards out there. But I'm moving across the country and expecting my first grandchild and said "expletive, this is the only one you're missing, you've been responsible this far, why not go for it"....and sure enough, the big "Congratulations" screen popped up. The limit's a modest $5,500 but hey, I didn't get declined and I have more bargaining leverage right?!? LOL

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Got all Four Discover IT!

Wow congratulations on the card and the new family life after moving.
Message 2 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

$5500 is pretty decent to start out with Discover.  I started at less and was able to grow it to $30K in a year.  Just baby it with some monthly spend and hit the CLI link under Manage at the top of the page once a month once your 90 day period is up.  You might see an auto CLI before then and if you do then you need to hit the CLI button to increase that auto CLI amount.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow in only a years time? How often did you use it? Did you make a lot of bigger purchases? I was thinking I'd use it for little stuff like gas or groceries. Maybe....
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Donald.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

$5500 is pretty decent to start out with Discover.  I started at less and was able to grow it to $30K in a year.  Just baby it with some monthly spend and hit the CLI link under Manage at the top of the page once a month once your 90 day period is up.  You might see an auto CLI before then and if you do then you need to hit the CLI button to increase that auto CLI amount.

Wow!!! How did you manage to do this? I was approved for this card earlier this year and my SCL was $1.6k. I've received two CLI ($500  a piece) and now my CL is at a measly  $2.6k... I would love to get this card to at least  $10k but at this rate it will take FOREVER!!!

Message 6 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-first-year-with-Discover-Data-Points/m-p/47...

@Anonymous wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

Wow!!! How did you manage to do this? I was approved for this card earlier this year and my SCL was $1.6k. I've received two CLI ($500  a piece) and now my CL is at a measly  $2.6k... I would love to get this card to at least  $10k but at this rate it will take FOREVER!!!

Message 7 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally got all four. Discover IT!

Also you know you get a second cashback check at the end for the first year for purchases made that year.... its double cashback... it works for category spend AND referrals.... 

=)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally got all four. Discover IT!

Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.