Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got approved for the Discover IT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally got approved for the Discover IT

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I really wish i had learned more about credit when i was younger and maybe i never would have had to go bk7. Sad part is i really wish i had not had to include Amex but alas i did and now must pay the piper. I apply everyonce in awhile just to see if im still blacklisted which almost 10 years later i am. Dont plan on apping anymore for them for at least 2 more years, hopefully by then, theyll show some leniency but if not , i can still attack the Discover mountainSmiley Happy. Never had them so ive found they can be hit or miss on who they want . But once your in should grow nicely. Is it judt me or does it seem Discover is handing out some pretty big auto luv recently? Smiley Wink

Me too! Even though I had really good credit when I was younger, I could have had excellent credit and avoided BK if I had known how to manage my credit... I burned Amex, Citi x 2, Chase, and BofA x 2. Don't figure I will see any of those approve me anytime soon. But I am really grateful for Cap1, Discover, and Barclays. 

Message 11 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think i did burn Citi but would have to check but i do remember i used to have a visa with them. Funny thing is i am back in with them as first got the Best Buy, then Home Depot but these are the retail side. Sears finally took me back but i was able to get DC first. I still believe once i got the BB and showed some usage and payment history that opened the door with the DC card. Only thing i cant figure out with Citi is why my fico score keeps dropping, perhaps why they arent granting me any cli on the DC. Sonce its a verson of Eq and i do have quite a few inqs on it perhap thats holding me back. Definitely gotta garden hard to bring down the inqs and let my bk7 fall in apr/may.

Eventually youll get there BellaSmiley Happy. I assume Amex and Chase are hardest to get back in with, not sure on Boa, this is my first go around with them. I guess time is the healer of all wounds, at least i hope soSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i did burn Citi but would have to check but i do remember i used to have a visa with them. Funny thing is i am back in with them as first got the Best Buy, then Home Depot but these are the retail side. Sears finally took me back but i was able to get DC first. I still believe once i got the BB and showed some usage and payment history that opened the door with the DC card. Only thing i cant figure out with Citi is why my fico score keeps dropping, perhaps why they arent granting me any cli on the DC. Sonce its a verson of Eq and i do have quite a few inqs on it perhap thats holding me back. Definitely gotta garden hard to bring down the inqs and let my bk7 fall in apr/may.

Eventually youll get there BellaSmiley Happy. I assume Amex and Chase are hardest to get back in with, not sure on Boa, this is my first go around with them. I guess time is the healer of all wounds, at least i hope soSmiley Happy

Don't let the EQ Bankcard 4 FICO score that Citi provides scare you, AverageJoes. It's not a regular FICO 8 score that most of us are used to going by, and in many cases can be 20-40 points lower than your EQ FICO8. You are doing well and making good progress. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 22
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Average Joe my scores last week when approved for Discover IT was 622 EQ approved for $1400 with 17% Utility 120s late on cap one and student loan been paying on time now for about 7 months 1 collection and a paid charge off. You will get there..
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome that you got back in with Citi already! Eventually you will get there too! Smiley Happy

PS  I just realized I burned Citi x 3 though: ATT Univeral, Sears, and AAdvantage, plus the Universal was my highest limit card. I'm pretty sure I am the devil to them. Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't let the EQ Bankcard 4 FICO score that Citi provides scare you, AverageJoes. It's not a regular FICO 8 score that most of us are used to going by, and in many cases can be 20-40 points lower than your EQ FICO8. You are doing well and making good progress. Smiley Happy

I was wondering what score model they use. My score with them last month was 665. I thought my score was dropping and I couldn't understand why. Is that the scoring model they use for CLI as well? 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering what score model they use. My score with them last month was 665. I thought my score was dropping and I couldn't understand why. Is that the scoring model they use for CLI as well? 

Unfortunately, yes.

My regular EQ FICO 8 is a good 40 points higher than the EQ Bankcard 4 model that Citi uses.Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Humu, understand and understoodSmiley Wink. My citi score i believe updated this month at 633 yikes. But my CK is 663 and since i just froze my EQ, just waiting to receive paperwork) im not sure true fico though last month saw it was about 666. Cant wait to see effect of the bk fall offSmiley Happy

@susieqj , thanks appreciate it. You can very much gaurentee( sp) that when( not if haha) i get in with Disco, the forum shall know lol!

@ bella, dont sweat Citi even if the think your the devil cuz even in the darkest day their will always be a brighter lightSmiley Happy plus, how can they denial a " bella" Smiley Happy

@ Jdana70, i know it can be maddening, we are so accustomed to the fico 8 being the all mighty fico 8 Smiley Happy Heck, i have a 659 next gen score with Penfed and am anxious to see if ive gone up since last update ,think it comes out in Oct. A little off topic but these other scores can often leave us scratching our heads.

Sorry everyone in that im on mobile and still cant figure how to quote one like i read everyones responsesSmiley Happy Newbalicious i guessSmiley Happy Great night eveyone!
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Humu, understand and understoodSmiley Wink. My citi score i believe updated this month at 633 yikes. But my CK is 663 and since i just froze my EQ, just waiting to receive paperwork) im not sure true fico though last month saw it was about 666. Cant wait to see effect of the bk fall offSmiley Happy

@susieqj , thanks appreciate it. You can very much gaurentee( sp) that when( not if haha) i get in with Disco, the forum shall know lol!

@ bella, dont sweat Citi even if the think your the devil cuz even in the darkest day their will always be a brighter lightSmiley Happy plus, how can they denial a " bella" Smiley Happy

@ Jdana70, i know it can be maddening, we are so accustomed to the fico 8 being the all mighty fico 8 Smiley Happy Heck, i have a 659 next gen score with Penfed and am anxious to see if ive gone up since last update ,think it comes out in Oct. A little off topic but these other scores can often leave us scratching our heads.

Sorry everyone in that im on mobile and still cant figure how to quote one like i read everyones responsesSmiley Happy Newbalicious i guessSmiley Happy Great night eveyone!

Not to get off topic but if you scroll to the bottom of this thread and click full it will take you to the full site to quote comments.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on my iPhone right now so it can be done. I just figured it out last week lol

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.