Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in with Amex!!!! *UPDATE!!! PRG 50k also!!!*

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Finally in with Amex!!!! *UPDATE!!! PRG 50k also!!!*

So I’m very new here, like just signed up new. A few years ago I went through a nasty divorce which left me in a horrible financial position. My credit tanked. I have to imagine it was in the mid 500s. I didn’t really start dealing with it until about 7 months.

Since then I got my scores into the 660 vicinity. I managed to get Cap1 plat 6 months ago (PCed to QS), then QS1 three months ago, and Discover it last month. Since I’ve been lurking here, probably 4-5 months, Amex has been my goal! Welllll tonight the site says “you actually prequalified for a card”. It gave me BCE, EDC, and green. PRG comes and goes for some reason. I did BCE since the sign up bonus was less. And Holy $*** I’m in! It’s only $500 with no bonus but I know it’ll grow! I’ll probably garden for 6-9 months and then hit the EDC!

I’m guessing the CLI on activation is not worth asking for. Also guessing I should skip the 61 day CLI. Advice?
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally in with Amex!!!!

Congratulations! Smiley Very Happy The journey begins! Make that Amex grow!

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks! Such a crazy feeling! Any suggestions? I’ll follow their rules and pay everything to zero except them for the 5 month CLI. I dunno about the 61 day though?
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting in with AX. 

Message 4 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks Scott2696
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great feeling right! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Yes it is! I can’t wait to see it grow! It was a painful realization when I figured out how bad things had gotten. Rebuilding has been slow and I’m not a patient person. This is very no frills on sign up stuff but I got in and that feels amazing given the road to getting here!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your rebuild progress and your new Amex card!
Message 8 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thank you!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations for tackling your credit head on after divorce-not an easy thing to do! Congratulations on your being approved for AMEX and a very good leg of your re-build is done! AMEX will grow over time and will open other door for you along the way.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.