Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in with Bank of America! X2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally in with Bank of America! X2

I've apped with them before but they always balked at the number of new accounts. With new clarification on their 6/12 rule I felt more confident in applying with them tonight. Last month I opened a Merrill Lynch account with just $200 to establish a relationship. That seemed to have done the trick. These are also the same cards I had tried apping for previously.

I am at 4 new accounts reporting in the last 12 months. I also apped for a Small Business card prior to CashRewards and Norwegian as I wanted that the most but that was denied. But I continued on the personal side and went for the CashRewards card and was surprised it was approved. I tried for one more (2/3/4 rule) and was hopeful the pulls would be combined and was shocked it was approved at a higher credit line. They pulled TU tonight but that maybe because I started with the Small Biz app. In the past they consistently pulled EX. So far only one ding from all 3 apps. What a way to end the year, slaying my final dragon! 

CashRewards.pngNCL.png

ETA: I was wrong about the timeline of my apps tonight. It was Biz app first and then the two personal apps.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally in with Bank of America! X2

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats! 

Message 3 of 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats 🎉🍾🎈🎊 @Elkteck

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 4 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approvals

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Great credit limits!
Message 7 of 14
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 8 of 14
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, I am considering banking with them but get bad reviews in this area. Are they decent where you live. I suppose the credit side you don't have to deal with the banking side anyway lol.

Message 9 of 14
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Also, with the money in the investment account, does it earn anything if you don't trade?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.