Not applicable

Re: Finally in with Bank of America

+1

Message 11 of 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now, this would be awesome because it turns this card into a 11, 12, and 13% cash back card! ...

JonMark, I think your analysis has a HUGE flaw in it.  Having a qualifying checking or savings account DOES NOT turn this card into 11,12, and 13% card. I'm afraid that would be unsustainable on BofA's part.

If I understand it correctly, the 10% Applies to the Cash back ALREADY earned, not to the Cash back TO BE earned. 

Meaning, let's say in the grocery category you spent $100. You automatically earn 2%, which comes out to $2.00

The bonus would be 10% of that, which would be 0.20 cents.

With your scenario, the rate of return would be $12.00. At this point, BofA would have single handed changed the face of the American economy! Heck, we could essentially fund our retirement account on the back of BofA credit card! 

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY wish to be wrong since I have the BofA Cash Rewards and a qualifying checking account, but unfortunately, I don't believe I'm wrong. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh .. You are actually right lol, I was adding the bonus 10% on the front end rather than on the back end. That does make a huge difference, and it was my mistake lol - but still pretty awesome to have the additional 10% of the earned cash back! Thanks for knocking sense into me lol 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh .. You are actually right lol, I was adding the bonus 10% on the front end rather than on the back end. That does make a huge difference, and it was my mistake lol - but still pretty awesome to have the additional 10% of the earned cash back! Thanks for knocking sense into me lol 

It is 1.1 %, 2.2% and 3.3 % if you just have an account.  A co-worker has 75k in his B of A savings and it is a 1.5, 3, and 4.5 % card for him.  Although with what Bank of America gives in iterest it is a terrible card for him. 

I got 84 dollars back in the first two months of having the card.  I had to make 6 payments a month though.  Very annoying.  The nice thing about it is you can get the cash back with amounts as low as 25 dollars.  I haven't used it since then as I have other reward cards now and the 500 limit is such a pain. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.