Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in with BofA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally in with BofA

I don't usually post approval threads, but this one was pretty exciting.

Around February of last year, BofA denied a secured card.  I apped after my Discover was a few months old and was feeling lucky, but it didn't pan out that way.  Honestly I still can't wrap my head around denials for secured offerings from any lender but hey, it is what it is.

Since then I've cleaned up some stuff on my reports and have had positive history for nearly 2 years now (my Discover will be 2 years old at the end of November), and got cocky, so I applied for a BofA Cash Rewards card just to see what would happen.  I kind of felt like my scores weren't quite good enough for it yet, but thought maybe they'd counter -- and they did!  It's not a $99/500 counter (which would have been sweeter), it's a fully secured but I'll still take it.  It's coming with 3-2-1 rewards out of the gate so I won't have to worry about a PC later and I KNOW these cards grow like weeds after you pay your dues in secured land.

BofA Cash Rewards was a card I really wanted, and even though it may not have the BEST rewards in the land, I'm pretty happy with it.  In combination with my Discover and my QS1 I feel like I'm sitting in a pretty decent place considering how abysmal everything was just a couple years ago.

Edited to add: must be feeling an approval high.  Just hit the CLI button on my VS for kicks and they tossed me another $200 - second CLI I've had since the account was opened last December.  Sadly, that makes it my second highest credit limit, hahahaha.  It's all good though, the statement'll cut in a few days and with credit limits like how mine are right now the small little bump actually looks decent for overall util (it'll report a zero balance but I did pick up something I was looking at anyway about a week ago just to make a statement generate to make sure my previous CLI reports).  Here's hoping Comenity doesn't decide I'm naughty and close my paltry account.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally in with BofA

Congratulations and enjoy your new Cash Rewards card! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I used CapOne secured 2yr hx to open door to BoA 123 secured. Requested unsecure at 10mos cost a hard pull but my CL was doubled at unsecure. Waited 6 mos and requested another double increase in CL and got it. Waiting a yr before requesting another because of the hard pulls. But I have been extremely happy with them. Customer service has been on point!

Congrats! It will grow with you!
Message 3 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

A priority objective is accomplished!

Sometimes it seems like BofA wants to see just how badly an applicant and potential long term customer wants it.

After that, it's all good Smiley Happy

Congratulations! 

Message 4 of 12
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Lots of cli posts with BOA. Keep it going, and we'll read about yours!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've had this card for over 10 years and have run quite a bit of money through it!
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go Michikade!! .Always great to get a card you actually want and will use. Enjoy and wishes for continued successSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

A priority objective is accomplished!

Sometimes it seems like BofA wants to see just how badly an applicant and potential long term customer wants it.

After that, it's all good Smiley Happy

Congratulations! 

I agree Credit Magic. I've applied twice and denied twice by BofA. I think I'm done apping with them.  I guess I don't want it that bad! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

BofA hates me.  

Congrats OP, you have shown perseverance. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.