Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in with the AMEX fam..2 Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally in with the AMEX fam..2 Approvals

Hey guys,

I havent applied for any new cards since 2015, so I did a little catching up on the forums to gather some data points. I was in the garden during 2016 but got hit with some HPs during some CLI request sadly. However, most of my inquiries from 2015 will be gone by December. 

I went to the prequal page and I was prequalified for the ED, EDP, nad BCE. 

I was approved for both the ED and BCE. I have no idea who was pulled yet. I have not received any alerts. 

Here are some data points for my profile:

Have no idea what my scores are currently. Havent checked them in forever. Their obviously still good. Sorry, no help with that. I will come back and edit post. 

Inquiries:

Experian - 12 remaining from 2015, 3 from 2016, and 3 for 2017 (thanks to cable and 2 apt checks)

Transunion - 5 remaining from 2015, 1 from 2016, and 1 for 2017

Equifax - 8 remaing from 2015, 1 from 2015, and 5 for 2017. 

Blue Cash starting limit is $2,000, 0% until February 2019 and 17.9% after. Not worried about the APR. Will not be carrying a balance. $200 back after 1K spend.

Everyday starting limit is $1,000, 0% until February 2019, and 17.9% after. Not worried about the APR. Will not be carrying a balance. 25,000 MRP after 2K spend.

No great starting limits compared to my other cards but I'm just stocked to finally be in. I'll have to reads the threads about the 3X increase request because I normally skp over those threads and have no clue about that topic. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally in with the AMEX fam..2 Approvals

Looks like someone is getting their engines warmed up Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations on your pair of AMEX's. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Are your FICO8s still within the 750 range?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone!

I seriously doubt it. I had to carry a huge balance for a while so I know my scores took a hit. I'll check them sometime this week and update.
Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Amex famSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals! Can't wait until I can get in with AmEx! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I havent applied for any new cards since 2015, so I did a little catching up on the forums to gather some data points. I was in the garden during 2016 but got hit with some HPs during some CLI request sadly. However, most of my inquiries from 2015 will be gone by December. 

I was approved for both the ED and BCE. I have no idea who was pulled yet. I have not received any alerts. 

Have no idea what my scores are currently. Havent checked them in forever. Their obviously still good. Sorry, no help with that. I will come back and edit post. 

Inquiries:

Experian - 12 remaining from 2015, 3 from 2016, and 3 for 2017 (thanks to cable and 2 apt checks)

Blue Cash starting limit is $2,000, 0% until February 2019 and 17.9% after. Not worried about the APR. Will not be carrying a balance. $200 back after 1K spend.

Everyday starting limit is $1,000, 0% until February 2019, and 17.9% after. Not worried about the APR. Will not be carrying a balance. 25,000 MRP after 2K spend.

No great starting limits compared to my other cards but I'm just stocked to finally be in. I'll have to reads the threads about the 3X increase request because I normally skp over those threads and have no clue about that topic. 

Congrats! Now you can play the 3X CLI game. Haha

-PointsYoda

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Inquiries:

Congrats! Now you can play the 3X CLI game. Haha

-PointsYoda

CANT WAIT Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting two great cards! 💁🏽🎉

Message 9 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  Don't sweat the starting lines.  DW got a very low (for her) starting line of $2,000 on her ED (after being an AU on my cards for 14 years that had seen $500k+ of spend at that point; AU status means zero with Amex).  At 61 days, she went to $4,000.  181 days after that, she went to $12,000.  And 181 days after that, she went to $32,000.  The $2k SL did pretty much zero for the introductory balance transfer offer, but now the $32k is quite helpful for utilization padding.  Not too many other lenders where you can get a 16X CLI in 14 months.  LOL

The 3X is pretty simple.   On or after the 61 day mark, you can ask for 3X your current credit line and they will counter-offer a lower limit if they are unable to approve you for the full 3X.  If denied (for any reason other than you asked too soon), you must wait at least 91 days to ask again.  If approved, you must wait at least 181 days to ask again.  Those clocks are for your entire Amex profile, so be sure to ask for the card you really want the CLI on, as you'll have to wait 6 months before asking again on any of the cards you have.  You can also reallocate credit lines between revolving accounts no more than once every 30 days, although YMMV on being able to do so from a card that is under 1 year old.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.