Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally off Chase Blacklist

tag
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally off Chase Blacklist

Congrats on your new Freedom Flex approval and getting back into the Chase CC game!

Message 11 of 30
fleetfoot
Valued Member

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced all of that! Congratulations on getting back in with Chase and all your progress during your credit rebuild! Hopefully you can get the Marriott card again too whenever you apply!  Best wishes to you! 

Thanks Jordan23.  The MVA and aftermath was a nightmare for the whole family.  I'm relieved that the resulting financial collapse is now truly behind me with Chase's acceptance.  As stated, I'll take it slow with getting the Marriott card again.  I'll try after the one year anniversary of my Freedom Flex.

Ex FICO8 762
Eq FICO8 767
TU FICO8 753
AAoA 10 yrs, 1 mo
AoOA 35 yrs, 2 mos
AoYA 3 mos
Message 12 of 30
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Flex approval 👍🏼

Message 13 of 30
fm92555
Regular Contributor

It blows trying to get back in with a creditor. Very happy for your success!

Now all you have to do is build that credit line past 30k.

Message 14 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Approval & Welcome to the forum.

Message 15 of 30
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations on getting back in with Chase after all those years!

Message 16 of 30
firefox100
Valued Contributor

First congratulations on getting off the chase black list and getting approved for new chase creditcard. I burnt chase about 20 years ago on bunch of creditcards and personal line of credit for total of around 80K never went chapter 13 or 7 just ran out the clock with chase. Just for info if I call chase customer service from my home it goes directly to customer service they still have my phone number in there system. I just don't have guts to try for chase creditcard don't want to take hard pull on 2 credit bureau, I don't know if I should take plung and see what happens. all scores are over 800 and income is over 85K again congratulations.

Message 17 of 30
fleetfoot
Valued Member

@firefox100 wrote:

First congratulations on getting off the chase black list and getting approved for new chase creditcard. I burnt chase about 20 years ago on bunch of creditcards and personal line of credit for total of around 80K never went chapter 13 or 7 just ran out the clock with chase. Just for info if I call chase customer service from my home it goes directly to customer service they still have my phone number in there system. I just don't have guts to try for chase creditcard don't want to take hard pull on 2 credit bureau, I don't know if I should take plung and see what happens. all scores are over 800 and income is over 85K again congratulations.

I'm not sure what exactly worked in my favor to get back in with Chase.  I assume they see my burning them for $20K + as bad. But I also have had two always timely car loans with them around the same time as the five credit card defaults.   Chase never sued me and I did not pursue bankruptcy.  I just waited it out.  My credit scores have steadily increased over the years, as has my income.  I just think Chase has seen my 10 + years of responsible credit card use as a good indicator that my past problems are behind me (which they are).  For whatever reason Chase finally gave me a second chance. My ultimate goal with them is to get the Marriott Bonvoy card with a high SUB maybe a year from now. Do you think that will be a sufficient amount of time for Chase?

Ex FICO8 762
Eq FICO8 767
TU FICO8 753
AAoA 10 yrs, 1 mo
AoOA 35 yrs, 2 mos
AoYA 3 mos
Message 18 of 30
fleetfoot
Valued Member

firegox100-

Thanks for your response.  I knew from following MyFico forums that Chase has a very long memory, but your report that your phone number is still recognized by their call-in system after 20 years just astonishes me.  I'm sure that should I apply for another card in a year, I will go through another review and my past bad behavior will be looked at again.  I'm just happy that Chase has seen the work I have done over the past 10+ years to improve my credit history and credit reports. 

Ex FICO8 762
Eq FICO8 767
TU FICO8 753
AAoA 10 yrs, 1 mo
AoOA 35 yrs, 2 mos
AoYA 3 mos
Message 19 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice that you got back in the Chase door, ten years is typically the minimum amount of time for them. Grats!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.