Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally out of the credit limit basement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally out of the credit limit basement

So I've been fighting the rebuild battle for about a year now. Started in the low 400 about 17 months ago. Now in the last month my amex tripled from 1200 to 3600 and my Amazon store card went from 400 to 1500. I applied for a penfed PCR last week approved instantly for 6000, and this morning I woke up and my final unsecured card that was less than 1k was my Wal-Mart card went from 200 to 2500. I still have 2 secured cards under 1k limit cap1 and disco but ill worry about those when they unsecure. Couldn't have done it without this place.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally out of the credit limit basement

Well done, year 2 is usually the funnestSmiley Happy Thats when you usually see much growth as your score climbs. Well doneSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work!  Have you pulled your 3B FICOs lately?

I'm lucky with my rebuild because I have a 53 month old open credit card I rehabbed to "never late" and that's massively helping my scores grow and keeping my AAoA not in the gutter.  The more you seed your profile with good aging, the higher those scores get!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled at 3B from experian on the 19th of last month. They were Ex 701 Eq 701 and Tu 691. Tu got all of my summer inqs from a small little app spree I had. My Ex as of this morning is 715 and my Eq as of Friday was 714 those were both fico 8 scores. I honestly never thought I'd see 700's from low 400's just 17 months ago.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's really fantastic!

Are you using AZEO to manage utilization and do you have an open loan reporting somewhere?

Message 5 of 16
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've been fighting the rebuild battle for about a year now. Started in the low 400 about 17 months ago. Now in the last month my amex tripled from 1200 to 3600 and my Amazon store card went from 400 to 1500. I applied for a penfed PCR last week approved instantly for 6000, and this morning I woke up and my final unsecured card that was less than 1k was my Wal-Mart card went from 200 to 2500. I still have 2 secured cards under 1k limit cap1 and disco but ill worry about those when they unsecure. Couldn't have done it without this place.

Well done. Congrats

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I have an auto loan that's 3.5 years old. Was 30 days late during my divorce but that's been nearly 2 years ago. And I do use AZEO kind of. I have only one card that reports a balance, it's care credit and it's always less than 25% of the limit which is 12K currently it's at 5%
Message 7 of 16
GFer
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice work!  Have you pulled your 3B FICOs lately?

I'm lucky with my rebuild because I have a 53 month old open credit card I rehabbed to "never late" and that's massively helping my scores grow and keeping my AAoA not in the gutter.  The more you seed your profile with good aging, the higher those scores get!

This!!!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lookn good. I like this. Keep going. Pay those bills and buy, buy buy. Don't forget to pay, pay pay!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice progress! Congrats! 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.