Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally some love from Penfed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally some love from Penfed!

Just want to share my success!

I became a member of penfed back in July 2016. I app'd for the promise visa and it denied, recon'd and decision stayed. My nextgen was about 633 if im not mistaken at the time. Yesterday, I decided what the heck and apply again. I called and I first app'd for the platinum cash rewards and it was sent to a LO. The rep put me on hold and came back with an approval for a $1,500. Sad but Im in the door. Then I decided to app for a used auto refi with the same hard pull. Put me on hold again and came back with another approval at 3.45% for 60 months! He suggested the LOC but that was unfountely denied. I tried to recon the limit on the card since I have a NFCU card at $18,000 and the denial on the LOC but no luck on both. Did the survey, got a call and no luck. I got the denial message today and my current nextgen is 693.

Sad about the limit but hey, I finally got in!

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally some love from Penfed!

What are your fico scores?  My nextgen was 690 and I got approved for the Visa sig and the cash rewards $7k and $3K respectively.  They also approved the LOC but only for $500.00.  This seems pretty normal.  My ficos are EX 660, TU 720 and EQ 693.  I know they pulled EQ for me.

Congrats at least you got in with something, that card will blow up though if you use it and PIF.  Give it 60 days and apply for a cli after making your payments and leaving a 0 balance.  THey should use your same HP as well.  Worked for me good luck

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what my fico scores are..... I only use CK ( I know, I know).

I app'd for the promise as well and it was approved for $2,500. The platinum showed up on my account this morning and I requested a CLI and its in review so Im hoping theyll up it.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increased the platinum to $2,500 with the recon! Not $18,000 like NFCU but I'll take it!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!

Now wait a couple months and apply for anohter CLI and see if they'll double it so you can get a visa sig

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Increased the platinum to $2,500 with the recon! Not $18,000 like NFCU but I'll take it!

that's awesome! I hope to one day be eligible to get a card with them. This patience thing is hard Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update...... Just got an email saying they increased it yet again to $3,500! Not sure why but oh well. 

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful penfed advise! Because of you Im finally in penfed Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Penfed rocks 🎉🍾🎊

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! Smiley Happy Just continue to PIF each month and good things are sure to continue to happen.
Message 9 of 15
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Kudos on getting in. They are known for recently giving good CLI. My plat rewards went from 5k to 15k in 6 months

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.