cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, the hard work paid off! Amex EveryDay Preferred approved. Gardening until home purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, the hard work paid off! Amex EveryDay Preferred approved. Gardening until home purchase

Got my approval today.  This is my second Amex approval this month.  

I got my regular old Blue a few weeks ago, with only a $500 limit.  Today, I got a $1000 limit on the EveryDay Preferred.

Now, I've read all about the 3X Amex offers at 61 Days.  Question: will this be across the board on both cards or only one of them?  Anyone had luck getting more than the 3X on CLI's?  I primarily want to use the Amex for everything, rack up the points, and take a sweet vacation next year. 

Current Scores: right at or a little above 670 across the board.  Equifax hasn't been updated in a while.  Letters have been sent to have it updated. I keep my utilization low and plan on closing some of these pesky store cards, which are my shortest lines anyway, and keep the good plastic around. 

Current credit portfolio:

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa 16K limit,  using and PIF monthly (about to start utilizing Amex EveryDay instead)

Penfed Promise: 5.5K limit (carrying 3K in balance transfers at 4.9% and paying $500 a month toward)

CapitalOne QS1: $1500, no balance, sock drawer

CapitalOne Secured $325 limit, no balance, sock drawer

University Federal Credit Union: $5K limit, $1300 balance, pay $400 per month, never use

Barclays Arrival: $1200 limit, $200 balance, pay in fill next week, going in sock drawer

Walmart Store Card: $400 limit, zero balance, use once a month for something small

Sams Club Stoer Card: $437 limit, zero balance, use occasionally when I think about it

Old Navy: $200 limit, rarely use it, PIF

Amazon Prime Store Card: $800 limit, $100 balance, will PIF this month.  I use it when I need to buy something over $500 and utilize the 0%APR

Amex EveryDay Preferred: $1000 limit, will be my go to, and PIF monthly 

Amex Blue: $500 limit, zero balance, and was my gateway into Amex.  Not really sure what I'm going to do with this card. 

University Federal Credit Union: Auto loan, 17K at 3.9% for 60 months opened in May. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally, the hard work paid off! Amex EveryDay Preferred approved. Gardening until home purchase

Congrats on your 2nd Amex approval. If you have two Amex now, you can only request a CLI on one card. If the CLI is granted, you will need to re-set your clock to request another CLI in 180 days.

Just an observation, First Amex is only $500 and the 2nd one is $1000. This is an indication that you are on the bonderline ( internal scoring system). I will recommend to wait 6 months before you decide to request any CLI again.

If you continue to use their cards heavy use, they will give you higher limits down the road.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally, the hard work paid off! Amex EveryDay Preferred approved. Gardening until home purchase

Thanks for the response.  

What if I were to combine the limits onto the EveryDay?  Will this constitute a CLI and make me inelligible for a CLI at 61 days?

Side note: The PenFed cards have not reported yet.  I'm anxious about what my scores will do once those limits hit and adjust my utilization.  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! glad they have given you a chance! I am sure it will grow! Happy spending!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my regular old Blue a few weeks ago, with only a $500 limit.  Today, I got a $1000 limit on the EveryDay Preferred.

Now, I've read all about the 3X Amex offers at 61 Days.  Question: will this be across the board on both cards or only one of them?  Anyone had luck getting more than the 3X on CLI's?  I primarily want to use the Amex for everything, rack up the points, and take a sweet vacation next year. 

Current Scores: right at or a little above 670 across the board.  Equifax hasn't been updated in a while.  Letters have been sent to have it updated. I keep my utilization low and plan on closing some of these pesky store cards, which are my shortest lines anyway, and keep the good plastic around. 

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa 16K limit,  using and PIF monthly (about to start utilizing Amex EveryDay instead)

Penfed Promise: 5.5K limit (carrying 3K in balance transfers at 4.9% and paying $500 a month toward)

University Federal Credit Union: $5K limit, $1300 balance, pay $400 per month, never use

Barclays Arrival: $1200 limit, $200 balance, pay in fill next week, going in sock drawer

Walmart Store Card: $400 limit, zero balance, use once a month for something small

Sams Club Stoer Card: $437 limit, zero balance, use occasionally when I think about it

Amazon Prime Store Card: $800 limit, $100 balance, will PIF this month.  I use it when I need to buy something over $500 and utilize the 0%APR

Amex Blue: $500 limit, zero balance, and was my gateway into Amex.  Not really sure what I'm going to do with this card. 

University Federal Credit Union: Auto loan, 17K at 3.9% for 60 months opened in May. 

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
egaithe
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I originally received a $1000 SL on an Amex Hilton card, I requested an 3X increase after 61 days....no bueno! I think your score has to increase before they will grant you a CLI. I do use my card a lot, but I don't PIF. I pay about half of the balance. This is just my experience.

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 6 of 7
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Agree with Mia25.  Recommend you forget about asking for an increase at 61 days; recommend you wait 6 months before asking for an increase. 

I don't know the answer to your question about product changing, but will be looking for answers to your question.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.