Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI

tag
geekmama
Contributor

Fingerhut CLI

I opened a Fingerhut account in July of 2016. They approved me for a $400.00 credit limit.

I purchased one item for $51.00 and paid it off in two payments prior to accruing interest. 

Today they notified me that they raised my credit limit by $200.00.  This is my first CLI since I started the credit rebuilding process!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fingerhut CLI

Way to go Smiley Happy. Keep up the great work, it only gets better from hereSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 20
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! FHut is a decent way to rebuild without having to go the credit one route. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 20
dallascowboyfan
Contributor

WTG on your first CLI this is only the beginning..

Message 4 of 20
My_Fako
Established Contributor

After reading this... I check my account, might be national Fingerhut increase day.  Gave me a extra $300 $1450 total. I don't use it. Will close it one day soon. 

Congrats OP!

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 5 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

When your starting from scratch it is still credit and they do report.

Also to the relief for many they don't wait too very long until your limits to go up.

Message 6 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@ My_Fako, id recommend keeping it open as it seems they are now offering a free Eq Fico 8 score. Just so happened to close mine and now they give this. Ive seen it on my account but i guess since i no longer have active account it wont be updated. Who would have thunkSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
geekmama
Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:

After reading this... I check my account, might be national Fingerhut increase day.  Gave me a extra $300 $1450 total. I don't use it. Will close it one day soon. 

Congrats OP!

Thanks! I have no plans to use it again, but I will keep it open to help with util and payment history until I build up other credit lines. As long as you don't run it up, I think it's a good one to have for those of us rebuilding. No annual fee and frequent CLI.

Message 8 of 20
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Yesterday they sent me an email saying i had a temp CLI from 1300 to 1700...its only temporary until Jan 2017 unless i charge something between now and then  ut ive had my card about 15 mons and went from 200 to 1700

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 9 of 20
geekmama
Contributor

Are there requirements on how much you have to charge?
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.