Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut credit increase

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fingerhut credit increase

Id rather have FH than Credit One. You know what you are dealing with with FH. High prices and overinflated shipping sure but its all there for you to see BUT there ARE ways to buy things at good deals . I wouldnt recommend buying big price items but small items sure.

Holy cow pegehede 7800 on FH, ID KEEP IT LOL, not really but that is super impressiveSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to you on the CLI...

a little advice if I may..get the util down on your cards to the point where all your cards are reporting a zero balance except for one card, and its reporting 1-9% on the CL.

Your scores will increase, and you would have a better chance at qualifying for an unsecured cap one. Then Id close Open sky, and Credit One....Smiley Wink Youre doing a good job!
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I first got approved it may have been $500 then got upgraded to $1,200 I really love ordering from their online store however I always pay before the bill gets printed also they state that even if your on promotional period they will still charge interest regardless of just paying the minium payment keep that in mind if you make a purchase with them. Smiley Happy best of luck and congrats.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I enjoyed my Fingerhut account when it was one of the first offers I had.  I've found some decent deals there (occasionally they do free shipping and I tend to check out their clearance section if I'm looking for something).  I recently threw them a bone just to give mine a little activity because it's been nearly a year and I got an okay deal on something I'd had my eye on for a while.

I've had two instances of auto-love from them since I first got the account but I also don't really use it much.  They were my highest limit account for like 8 months though. I see no problem with them because they're pretty up front about being expensive, heh, but in my personal opinion it's a little better to spend a little bit more every now and then for an item you were looking at anyway then paying out the wazoo in monthly and annual fees to some predatory bank.

Just don't buy electronics from them.  Occasionally they'll advertise a decent price on a TV or something but their higher end electronics and gaming systems are super super overpriced - like the original model iPad Pro 9.7" priced for more than the most expensive brand new release iPad Pro 10.5" or like a Nintendo Switch bundle for over $200 more than Gamestop, that sort of thing.  Same thing for computers and wearable technology and the like.  Heh.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I enjoyed my Fingerhut account when it was one of the first offers I had.  I've found some decent deals there (occasionally they do free shipping and I tend to check out their clearance section if I'm looking for something).  I recently threw them a bone just to give mine a little activity because it's been nearly a year and I got an okay deal on something I'd had my eye on for a while.

I've had two instances of auto-love from them since I first got the account but I also don't really use it much.  They were my highest limit account for like 8 months though. I see no problem with them because they're pretty up front about being expensive, heh, but in my personal opinion it's a little better to spend a little bit more every now and then for an item you were looking at anyway then paying out the wazoo in monthly and annual fees to some predatory bank.

Just don't buy electronics from them.  Occasionally they'll advertise a decent price on a TV or something but their higher end electronics and gaming systems are super super overpriced - like the original model iPad Pro 9.7" priced for more than the most expensive brand new release iPad Pro 10.5" or like a Nintendo Switch bundle for over $200 more than Gamestop, that sort of thing.  Same thing for computers and wearable technology and the like.  Heh.

Agreed! even the mail catalog has fine print telling you everything about purchases. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m in awe of your scores within 4 months time. How did you get your scores to go up so rapidly month-to-month? #goals
Message 16 of 19
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

Congrats to you!! Smiley Happy

I will say they ticked me off recently. Smiley Frustrated

They gave me a CLI increase in November from $1200 to $1500, and was told the CLI would be permanent if I bought something before a December XX deadline. I thought "ok, thats fair, whatever". So, I ordered a manicure set to use as a stocking stuffer. I get an email last week saying they CLD me because I didn't order anything.  I picked up the phone right then and cancelled the account.  I'm not going to play these little limit increase-decrease games.  They were there to help me in the beginning, now they can help someone else. Just sharing my experience. Like others have said many times on this board, when you get your scores bumped up and on the way- drop them.  Smiley Very Happy

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I WISH my fico score was a month behind!! They haven’t updated since November for me! 4 months behind! When I emailed asking why they said to call I call they have no idea what I’m talking about went back and forth then they told credit bureau I disputed my paid and closed fresh start account! Which was NEVER even mentioned my score dropped ugh...then they stopped displaying my fico score altogether!!! I’m sooo frustrated! Lol...ugh
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

FH is my second oldest open card. They started me at $700 and its now $1800. While it is my lowest CL it has been good to me. FH updates with the CRA when you keep the card active. If you aren't purchasing FH stops reporting. Once a purchase is made, FH catches up on its reporting. I make a purchase two or three times a year. Look for the cheaper items with free shipping. I purchased some cheese and smoked meats twice last Fall that were below the price including shipping from the originating vendor. They were very good and priced well. There is no AF. You get your FICO score for free. I will never knowingly close this card. Proud holder of a FH card, along with AmEx, Discover, Chase, Citi, US Bank, Barclay, Cap1... all of which total over $160K in total CL. Thank you FH for being part of this!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.