Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestone CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firestone CLI

I've been a roll with Approvals so I figured I'd ask on my Firestone card since I am about to purchase some new tires for my new car.  I ran about $900 through the card over the last 6 months on some work I had done to my old car.  She indicated the CLI request was a SP so I went for it and they bumped it to $1200 from $1000.  Ill take anything on a SP!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Firestone CLI

Congratulations on your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

My Firestone card started at $600, after 6 months it went to $1200 then after a year went to $2000 and they would not increase it after that no matter what my scores or income (both greatly increased). I ended up closing it last year because of the low limit and every time I go in for a quoted special it ends up being twice as much (I call that the the Jiffy Lube effect).  Actually I no longer needed it as I have much better cards now and I use Sams Club for tires (better selection, better prices) which offers zero percent financing on most larger sales too. 

It was a useful card, I don't think I ever paid a penny of interest over the 3+ years I had the card between extended financing and paying in full for smaler sales. .

Message 3 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 7
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recetly closed mine, for no apprent reason they lowered mine from 2000 to 1800? My credit has been on the rise, I did't want to worry about them continuming to lower my credit.

Message 6 of 7
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.