Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Access Visa from Mid America Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Access Visa from Mid America Bank

STAY far away from this card. It has a 29.99 apr, an 89.00 setup fee and an annual ffee of 75. I came across this card, and then I read the terms and I said that most secured cards are better than this. Most should not get this card as a last resort .
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: First Access Visa from Mid America Bank

Thanks for the warning even though most of us never heard of them to begin with.

Message 2 of 27
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
STAY far away from this card. It has a 29.99 apr, an 89.00 setup fee and an annual ffee of 75. I came across this card, and then I read the terms and I said that most secured cards are better than this. Most should not get this card as a last resort .

Thanks for the heads-up!

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had never heard of them until I was looking for cards to help build credit. I educate myself monthly to see what cards are our their. It seemed legit until I read the terms.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had never heard of them until I was looking for cards to help build credit. I educate myself monthly to see what cards are our their. It seemed legit until I read the termsIt sounds similar to first premier and credit one-par for the course if you dont want to do a secured.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people qualify for the 99 dollar deposit on a capital one secured card. It gets you 200 dollars credit line. This card, you have to pay 89 dollars just to get it. Put that 89 dollars towards the secured card. If you are declined for the card though, I kind of understand the need for this card in the short term.
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Most people qualify for the 99 dollar deposit on a capital one secured card. It gets you 200 dollars credit line. This card, you have to pay 89 dollars just to get it. Put that 89 dollars towards the secured card. If you are declined for the card though, I kind of understand the need for this card in the short term.

I had first premier for about a year and I considered it a necessary evil. It did help my credit scores although I was glad when I closed it. 

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

With friends like those, who needs enemies?!

Message 8 of 27
joltdude
Senior Contributor

This is the same bank that issues the Verve card..  Remember Continental Finance?  This is them again 

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.