Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Access Visa from Mid America Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Access Visa from Mid America Bank

If you did not activate the card you will get a refund.
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks for all your help i think i dodged a bullet :-)

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

now that you guys see what i have what do recommend i get or is that enought to get my scores up currently

Ex:587 trans:547 Equ:557(strarting scores) just started in april to clean things up

these are the scores from there sites not myfico.com

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep the two you have. After 10 months apply for a Wal-Mart and/or Amazon card
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok will do i would love a amazon cc love shopping there :-)

Message 25 of 27
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Part of the problem with these predatory lenders.... I was reading that a large majority of those surveyed who agree to get one of these cards where you get a $500 credit line but your initial line is reduced by $125 or so... is that they are treating it as a desperate way to get more spendability.... of those surveyed, 80% or more of the people who got the card nearly maxed it in the first 2-3 days after activating. Sadly they then pay minimum monthly payments if at all almost like a pay day loan.

Anyone serious about a card that will help them build credit again just needs to suck it up and put the deposit down for a Discover Secured or Reputable secured product like Capital One, Bank of America, etc.

Funniest part about this survey I was reading said that of 100 people who had been surveyed who got the nasty cards from First Premier, Cont FInance, etc... never received a single credit line increase anywhere from 1-2 years of having the card while never being late and using the card off and on. They literally just want your fees and those that default are more than made up by those that pay the annual fees. UGH.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So can I cancel this card before its sent to me and receive a refund or do you recommend waiting til I have in hand and cancel 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.