Did you mean: 

First AmEX BCP 3x CLI!!!

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: First AmEX BCP 3x CLI!!!

Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 12 of 20
hubison97
Established Member

@yudeology101 wrote:

WTG Congrats on your full 3x CLI!  You'll be so close to that $10k club in no time after your next 3x CLI, enjoy your new limit.

Thank You!  I'll definitely feel a sense of accomplishment when I get that 9k CLI...Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!! Amex did start me out with a 1k limit too...I hope when my 61 days hit, I can get an increase...Can I ask how much you spent a month, and did you PIF or did you carry a balance??

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 14 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on you CLI and after 1 yr as already stated you can ask for the paperwork from Discover.

Message 15 of 20
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@hubison97 wrote:

Hello,

I just thought I'd share that I got my first BCP 3x CLI yesterday!  I'm rebuilding my credit and started out with a small CL of 1k.  Now my limit is 3k and I'm thrilled...baby steps!  I did it online and it was super easy...I literally was approved as soon as I clicked the request button.  Last month I closed at a zero balance and I'm going to aim to do that every month until it's time to request the next CLI in six months.  So far I'm loving AmEx.  They don't post their Cash Back rewards as quickly as the BOA Cash Back card but that's my only complaint.  My BOA is secured and my next goal is to see if I can get it converted and ask for an increased CL.  I'm hoping the recent CLI increases on my AmEX & a store card plus my spotless payment history will be convincing.  Wish me luck!  I'm also considering going for the DiscoverIT card...I'm pretty sure I'll be approved I just don't want to be locked into another high APR.  Does anyone know if Discover is good about lowering APRs after you've had the card for some time?

FICO - 729, Transunion - 705, Experian - 724

Congrats on your 3X CLI Smiley Happy Awesome

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 16 of 20
hubison97
Established Member

@Wade64 wrote:

@hubison97 wrote:

Hello,

I just thought I'd share that I got my first BCP 3x CLI yesterday!  I'm rebuilding my credit and started out with a small CL of 1k.  Now my limit is 3k and I'm thrilled...baby steps!  I did it online and it was super easy...I literally was approved as soon as I clicked the request button.  Last month I closed at a zero balance and I'm going to aim to do that every month until it's time to request the next CLI in six months.  So far I'm loving AmEx.  They don't post their Cash Back rewards as quickly as the BOA Cash Back card but that's my only complaint.  My BOA is secured and my next goal is to see if I can get it converted and ask for an increased CL.  I'm hoping the recent CLI increases on my AmEX & a store card plus my spotless payment history will be convincing.  Wish me luck!  I'm also considering going for the DiscoverIT card...I'm pretty sure I'll be approved I just don't want to be locked into another high APR.  Does anyone know if Discover is good about lowering APRs after you've had the card for some time?

Thanks!  You have great scores...those are what i'm aiming for!  How do you like the BCP vs. the DiscoverIT?  I'm contemplating apply for the Discover soon.  Do you think a 5k limit is feasible w/them since I now have BCE 3k?

Message 17 of 20
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@hubison97 wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@hubison97 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!  You have great scores...those are what i'm aiming for!  How do you like the BCP vs. the DiscoverIT?  I'm contemplating apply for the Discover soon.  Do you think a 5k limit is feasible w/them since I now have BCE 3k?

Anything is possible. Discover pulled my EQ (686) and EX (683) scores for approval of card (5.5k CL). At the time, I apped for the AMEX after and got a 3k limit (now 9k after 3xCLI in January). I keep hearing about Discover pulling TU (664) but they never pulled me at all. Only NFCU and BofA (90% of the times TU on my end) 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 18 of 20
hubison97
Established Member

@Vegas247 wrote:

Congrats!!!! Amex did start me out with a 1k limit too...I hope when my 61 days hit, I can get an increase...Can I ask how much you spent a month, and did you PIF or did you carry a balance??

Thank you!  I avg. about $1k+ a month and would make payments several times through the course of the statement period.  Last month I made sure to close at 0 b/c I knew I was going to ask for the increase.  Apparently AmEx doesn't really like ppl to carry a balance (even though obviously this card allows you to!).  There's been alot written about it in this forum and on other blogs, etc.  If you make the request online they will also ask you how much you make annually.

Good luck! 

Message 19 of 20
hubison97
Established Member

@Vegas247 wrote:

Question:  Did you get your DiscoverIT before or after AmEx?  How do you like it?  Was 8K your initial CL or have they raised it?  I'm thinking of applying for one soon.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.