Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Amex revolver! Delta Gold approved, $1K SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Amex revolver! Delta Gold approved, $1K SL

I stepped out of the garden to apply for the Amex Delta Gold card, as I kept getting emails from Delta for the "limited time" 50,000 bonus miles offer (expires November 9). I couldn't resist as I fly Delta at least once a month for business, and the 50K will top up my SkyMiles account for a trip to Hawaii next year.

Got the pending message at first when I applied online, then received an email to call for address verification. I called, verified my address, and was approved for a $1000 SL! I had a hunch that I'd get only the $1000 as I do have a recent baddie (student loans were in default...doing rehab now) plus limited recent history with Amex (Platinum charge is 3 months old, and I run about $3K a month through that). 

I will move my Platinum card spending to the Delta card for the next couple of months, and make multiple payments every month to meet the $2K in 90 days spending requirement for the bonus miles. Will try for a 3X CLI on Christmas Day (61 days). Hoping to grow this card to a much higher limit over time to make it worthwhile!

Anyone who flies Delta and doesn't already have this card...go apply for it before the 50K bonus miles offer expires! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: First Amex revolver! Delta Gold approved, $1K SL

Congrats on your approval..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 11
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

From someone who just got in with Amex in late May and now has 4 cards with them... they are my goto card everyday for everything. Treat them right and they will treat you right... Use that card and pay in full and good chances your 3X CLI at 61 days will be yours! You could have that card to $9k within a year potentially!

Congrats!

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job 10! Whats amazing is you actually got the card you can really use. Enjoy Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats op. I never ever fly delta but that is one good looking card!
Message 6 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congrats, OP. I've had my card over three years now and love it. Both Delta and Amex have been good to me.

Enjoy your new relationship with Amex. And enjoy your bonus! I used mine to go to Buenos Aires. Where will you go?

Message 7 of 11
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP! 

Sounds like this card is a good fit for you!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.