Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First App Spree (VERY Happy)!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First App Spree (VERY Happy)!!!

Prior to yesterday, I had:

• Discover at $3,600 (started as a $2k secured card)
  • Quicksilver at $1,500 (started as Journey, PC'd several months ago)
  • Journey at $500
  • Citi that just unsecured last month at $200...I asked for a CLI and they increased me to $2k today!

Yesterday, I applied for:

• Blue Cash Everyday: APPROVED for $1000
  • Venture One: APPROVED for $1000
  • USAA Rewards Card: APPROVED for $3,000!!!
  • Chase Freedom One....denied Smiley Sad
  • Wells Fargo Propel....denied Smiley Sad

I decided to try one more today...and I got a Citi Double Cash at $6,900!!! 

Photographic Evidence ;)Photographic Evidence Smiley Wink

I am in total disbelief. I'm young, self-employed, and have less than 2 years of credit history. Just last month I was only able to refinance my 18% used auto loan down to an incredible 16% (*sarcasm*). The old loan and the new loan were both showing on my report ($45k combined balance) when I did these applications. I guess that helped somehow? Smiley LOL

Now it's time to garden! Smiley Very Happy

UPDATE - Another $6k 

I just received two cards in the mail that I wasn't expecting!

When I applied for the above cards, I had also applied for these two. I got the "we need time to review your application" screen in both instances. I figured I had been denied until they came in the mail yesterday...

• American Express Cash Rewards: I got a $5k Cash Rewards card with my local Credit Union (Elan Financial Services licensed by American Express) 3% on gas, 2% at supermarkets, 1% everything else
  • US Bank Cash+ Card: I also scored a $1k US Bank Cash+ card with two 5% rotating categories every quarter, one 2% everyday category, and 1% back on everything else.

Now it's time to garden! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Re: First App Spree (VERY Happy)!!!

Man that is a massive haul...Congrats!!.......
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all your approvals! 

Message 3 of 16
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

That is a great list of cards there!!

Congrats to you!!  00congrats-5.gif

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you.  Get in the game early, be responsible and you'll have monster credit lines when you're middle aged.

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Massive Citi limitSmiley Happy Awesome job. Mind sharing data points? ThsnksSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Whoo! Congrats! I also recently got the Citi DC. It's a beautiful card--haven't gotten to test drive it yet though LOL. Be good to that Amex BCE and it will grow like crazy. Amex is a great company.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!

You were probably denied by Chase because you're over 5/24... if you have 5 or more revolving accounts (inc. credit cards) that were opened in the past 24 months you'll be automatically denied by Chase on most (not all) of their cards.  Garden for a while and you should be able to get into Chase in a couple years.

Message 8 of 16
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Prior to yesterday, I had:

• Discover at $3,600 (started as a $2k secured card)
  • Quicksilver at $3,000 (started as Journey, PC'd a while ago)
  • Journey at $500
  • Citi at $200 (just unsecured last month in its 17th month)

Yesterday, I applied for:

• Blue Cash Everyday: APPROVED for $1000
  • Venture One: APPROVED for $1000
  • USAA Rewards Card: APPROVED for $3,000!!!
  • Chase Freedom One....denied Smiley Sad

I figured the USAA would be my new go-to, but then I decided to try one more today...

And I got a Citi Double Cash at $6,900!!! And here I was thinking Citi would never be my friend.

Photographic Evidence ;)Photographic Evidence Smiley Wink

I am in total disbelief because it was just last month that I refinanced my 18% truck loan down to to an incredble 16% (*sarcasm*). I was starting to feel like creditors hate me because I'm young, always been self-employed, and have less than 2 years of credit history. This week has changed my mind. 

Now it's time to garden! Smiley Very Happy

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit Here's some background...

• I opened my first two cards the day I turned 18 (about 19 months ago), both were secured. I opened a few more cards as I built history. 
  • I got my first auto loan (18% on an older used vehicle) in November 2017.
  • I just refinanced that car last month with USAA (at 16%). This account just began showing on my report a few days ago.
  • According to Discover, my score was about 730 when I submitted all these apps.
  • + I just got a Citi CLI on my newly graduated Citi card (about an hour ago). They took me from $200 to $450. In the little box that shows up on the approval page, I asked them to review my account for a $2000 total card limit. It may have been greedy Smiley Wink We'll see what they say. 

EDIT: They granted it Smiley Very Happy

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 8.51.54 AM.png

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.