Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Approved Unsecured Credit Card

tag
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: First Approved Unsecured Credit Card

Well done! You yourself just shared some very valuable information.

Namely,you can be down but never out if you don't give up!

Enjoy that very nice starting limit,

Cheers

Message 11 of 29
mchang124
Regular Contributor

welcome to the forums! you will find as much value as i did when i first discovered it myself about a year ago. and congrats on your Discover approval and SL!

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 12 of 29
Puppetmaster
Contributor

Congratulations!  It's a great feeling when you get that first breakthrough after a long struggle.  Keep it going, and you'll likely be surprised by the momentum as the snowball starts to grow a little.  I was in shoes similar to yours less than 9 months ago, and had no idea things could improve as much as they have in this time.  Advice and information from this forum had a whole lot to do with that.  Keep up the great work!

Personal Credit: | 5/21/2019 - $0 | 4/27/2023 - $160,200 |

Business Credit: | 5/21/2019 - $0 | 12/16/2019 - $70,000+ |
Message 13 of 29
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!!

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your discover card! I noticed you said you had some wrong turns along the way and had to pay some collections and unpaid bills. Did any of those derogatory accounts come off your credit after paying them or you just paid them.
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your discover card! I noticed you said you had some wrong turns along the way and had to pay some collections and unpaid bills. Did any of those derogatory accounts come off your credit after paying them or you just paid them.

yes. all the ones that i have paid off, came off the report.

just one dropping off got me like a 24 point jump on my score.

thank you everyone for the warm welcome to the forums, congrats and words of encouragement.

felt i hit rock bottom going through a divorce and clearing out my savings paying lawyer and court fees.

this bounceback is a great feeling.

Message 16 of 29
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Also congrats on being saavy to when you app'd for Discover.  I wish I had come here first before applying with Disco and possibly avoiding a secured card.  I did find here right afterwards how to work it for my DH so he too got the Disco card with the same sl as yours.  He received through online cli request at 2.5 months a cli ( $1k I believe) and then another one ($1.5k ) between 4-5 months.  So hopefully yours will progress quickly as well.  Just smash that cli button, always entering your income that  you can prove from last years tax return, and it will be a sp (unless Disco states differently) and you can do that as much as you want to without ticking them off.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 17 of 29
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 18 of 29
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, CONGRATS @fredzos on your Discover IT approval - Welcome to the DISCO family and the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't the discover it card a secured card? Just so I'm clear...
You applied on the prequal and it came back with a approval for the discover it and then you applied for that card or a unsecured card and then was approved for 3000... Is that correct?
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.