Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card In Forever

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Card In Forever

Hello Everyone, 

I have been following the forums for some time now.  My resolution this year is to fix my credit.  My credit dropped when I got divorced and didn't listen to anyone and tried to keep everything that I had but failed miserably and my credit suffered.  This month I took the first step in rebuilding and got a Discover It Secured Card.  My credit prior was TRANSUNION - 535 and EQUIFAX - 536.  My new credit scores are in my signature.  Big smile when I saw that.  Thank you for all the help even though you dont know you did it!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Card In Forever

Congrats on your approval and welcome to myFico! 

Message 2 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATULATIONS on your Approval and Welcome to the FORUMS and the Disco family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 12
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!  Great card and welcome

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and good luck in your credit journey!

Message 5 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! It’s coming along quickly

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval and Welcome to Fico family !!!!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and on your score increase!!

Message 8 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Welcome and congrats on what will be much success to come!

Message 9 of 12
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Discover is a great company to build a relationship, so you're on a good track.  I know how divorce can affect your credit, and it's hard to keep your financial situation from going nuclear.  I nearly filed for bankruptcy in 2012 but pulled my big boy pants on and did what a had to do.  It did leave me with some serious credit utilization for a long stretch but hard work and a good career pulled me out of the hole I was in.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.