Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Chase approval and question!

tag
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Chase approval and question!

I got a auto increase after having my freedom unlimited 3months i put alot of spend thru it and made multiple payments per month from my chase checking account

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your approval and welcome to the chase ecosystem!

like poster above, try waiting for an auto cl in 3 months before requesting.

Message 12 of 21
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

I've had the freedom unlimited for almost 1.5 years. I got an auto increase after 3 months with heavy use and big payments and I think the increase was 1 or 2k. I was carrying a balance at the time because 0%. So if my balance was 1 or 2k I would charge and pay off another 1-3k a month.

I got another increase after almost maxing it out one or two months sending a friend poker money via paypal. They almost doubled the limit to over 10k, but I was making $500 and $1000 payments. I did not know how bad it was to "max out cards" at the time but none of my other cards had balances at all so I guess that's why they were inclined to raise my limit instead of getting spooked as I have since learned can happen. I also have the amazon prime visa so they know me I guess. I had 0% interest from the SUB but still paid off the 5 or 6 k the following month. And my friend ended up hitting it big at the world series and leaving with like 90k, so everyone was happy.

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 13 of 21
FICOlearner123
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval. Yes it looks like there will be a HP when requesting for CLI, intrestingly if you open a new bank account that would be a soft, see below for details

https://wallethub.com/answers/cc/does-requesting-a-credit-limit-increase-hurt-score-2140676711/

https://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/bank-account-checking-savings-soft-pull-or-hard-pull/#US_Bank

Goal Cards
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 15 of 21
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Chase is always HP if you request it.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 16 of 21
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 17 of 21
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 18 of 21
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Dylan1 wrote:

So I was approved instantly today for my first Chase card which was the Freedom. I was given a $3,400 limit which is understandable but not very exciting. How long should I wait before I request an increase? And when I do will it result in a hard pull?

Congrats!

Was wondering if I could ask what your FICO was at this time that you got approved and your 5/24 status? :-)

Potential Future Cards
Message 19 of 21
Comand
Valued Member

Awesome! Congrats on the approval!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.