cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Credit Card Approval! (Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Credit Card Approval! (Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card)

So, the other day I went into my local Wells Fargo branch, as I had applied for a secured card. My application was declined, beccause they couldn't verify my social. When I talked to the banker he reccomended that I apply for the cash back college card. So, I applied and just today I checked my application status and I was approved with a $1,200 dollar credit limit! I've been banking with Wells Fargo since my freshman year in highschool, and I'm now going to be a freshman in college this fall. I'm 18 and have a summer job that I expect to make around $3,000 this summer and I've got about $8,500 in grants. I'm so excited to begin this new journey!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Credit Card Approval! (Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card)

Congrats and welcome to the forums. I am a long time reader and new poster as well. One thing you might notice here are a lot of people tell their credit story and many many (including myself) start out with, "I was dumb in my college years with my credit." I think it is awesome you are on this forum at an early age and taking responsibility of you credit early on. Good luck with the new first card. Let this be your foot in the door to bigger and better things (cards, car loan, mortgage) in the future!

Message 2 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval and welcome to the forum!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This forum is a place for all of us to learn something new. We all would be happy to hear from you on how you shape up credit profile in the future 😀
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum, congrats !

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, the other day I went into my local Wells Fargo branch, as I had applied for a secured card. My application was declined, beccause they couldn't verify my social. When I talked to the banker he reccomended that I apply for the cash back college card. So, I applied and just today I checked my application status and I was approved with a $1,200 dollar credit limit! I've been banking with Wells Fargo since my freshman year in highschool, and I'm now going to be a freshman in college this fall. I'm 18 and have a summer job that I expect to make around $3,000 this summer and I've got about $8,500 in grants. I'm so excited to begin this new journey!

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Man LOL

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first approval!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.