Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Discover auto CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Discover auto CLI?

Did a CLI request literally yesterday that was denied.

Was secured March 2017 at $2500.  Graduated on the dot at 7 months in October and $2500 refunded to me.

CLI request in November, December and January just after statement cut at $0 were denied.

Just made a big charge of $1100 on my card online because it was 1.5% fee but first year CBM is 2% so I did it.  Logged in to see my current balance and noticed available credit left is $2400, which of course is wrong because $2500-$1100 = $1400.

But there it is, $3500 credit limit.

So either my manually denied CLI was overridden in the back end, or I had an auto CLI coming at the 3rd month after graduation.

Either way, it's nice to see.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Discover auto CLI?

Hmmm if it was an auto CLI I wonder if I should double dip, lol.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I’ll roll with auto-love. Nice.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the auto CLI!

Message 4 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm if it was an auto CLI I wonder if I should double dip, lol.

Congrats.. Of course try to double dip lol

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried 2 minutes ago, denied, lol.

So maybe it wasn't auto CLI but one based on my prior request.  Next CLI request goes in 2/18 just in case instead of 2/17 (my birthday).

Still nice to see a CLI from a previously secured card that isn't even a year old.  Can't fault them for not giving me more since they're pulling TU and I still have an 8 year old unpaid tax lien on there.  But considering my spend in 2017 (I think I put $60,000ish from March through December?) and never paid a dime in interest, it's frustrating.  At least 3 things I could have put on there had to go on someone else's card because couldn't break the payments into $2500 chunks.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feels good to be updating my FICO-vs-limits graph, though!

credit limits vs fico vs time jan 18 2018.png

Not much else ahead other than maybe Amex 3X in July although might hold off until August for that one as I should see a 10-15 point EX boost waiting a month.  $25,800 from $0 in 10 months and possibility of $40,000 TCL in 2018.  Thanks, MyFicoers.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on you becoming unsecured and getting a CLI!!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, ABCD!!!

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Was a recent post on Boa being sneaky with an auto, lol. No, its Discover, they seem to give luv when you arent looking but when you call her, all she wants to do is text Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.