Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First NFCU CC!

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

First NFCU CC!

So, I jumped the garden fence last night and applied for the NFCU Rewards Visa Card. I expected a small limit, like $500, since I'm still in rebuild stage. I love my Discover secured but I keep maxing it out and paying it down, and I wanted a little more wiggle room than it's $200 limit gives me. My plan is to only use this card for gas, since I prefer to stop & fill-up at Costco and they only take Visa credit cards or debit cards.

😁 They approved me for $2800, with a 16.15% interest rate! Way more than I expected, but the limit will help with my utilization rate. I'm very pleased. My FICO scores are 625-640s. I'm not sure who they pulled yet, as I haven't looked.

Last HP 08-07-2023

30 REPLIES 30
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: First NFCU CC!

Congrats! Now get back to the Garden! lol 

No seriously, I got my first one waited the 3 statement cuts and 91 days and asked for a CLI. They denied, so I apped for a second card and boom they approved me for 2.5 times my first card (makes zero sense).But then I went right back to the garden. twomonths in this week. Gonna get that silver spade in 25 days. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 31
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Sandman771 - I sauntered back into the garden this morning! That's interesting about the CLI request, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:
@Sandman771 - I sauntered back into the garden this morning! That's interesting about the CLI request, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the congratulations!

Congrats!  NFCU is the best.  Be good to them and they'll be very good to you for years to come.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandman771 wrote:

Congrats! Now get back to the Garden! lol 

No seriously, I got my first one waited the 3 statement cuts and 91 days and asked for a CLI. They denied, so I apped for a second card and boom they approved me for 2.5 times my first card (makes zero sense).But then I went right back to the garden. twomonths in this week. Gonna get that silver spade in 25 days. 

and I'm backwards! Giant CLI post 90 days and denied for a second card 4 months later.  All good, though. Navy still rocks.

Message 5 of 31
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Irish80 - Thanks!

@SteelerNYC - Interesting.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 31
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Congrats!  NFCU is the best.  Be good to them and they'll be very good to you for years to come.

+1

Nothing more i can add then what was just said.

They have that unique and uncanny knack in helping it's members achieve!

Message 7 of 31
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMagic7 - That's exactly why I escaped from the garden to app with them!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 31
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Adkins wrote:
@CreditMagic7 - That's exactly why I escaped from the garden to app with them!

It's a hard choice sometimes especially when you see that you need to bulk up with new accounts but FICO Scores are currently reflecting newness.

That was the absolute correct choice with the right lender (CU) too. A smart decision to better help move things for you and like you say, offer the wiggle room (i call it breathing space) so you can expand.

You should also begin to see progress in the next months with your FICO inching up which is also a big help.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations that's a great sl for a rebuilder. Dv
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.