Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha MLife approved! 15K SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First National Bank of Omaha MLife approved! 15K SL

I applied last year, Oct 19th 2017, and was shot down for too many inquiries and new accounts. I posted asking about my odds this year and the consensus was that I still had too many inquries/new accounts for First National's taste. (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/First-National-Bank-of-Omaha-Mlife-Odds/td...). I agreed.

I continued my research and one member had 50 inqs and was approved for this card. I found another report of someone with more inqs than me also being approved. However, they had both mentioned freezing reports I've never heard of before, IDA, ARS and Innovis. I looked these companies up and one I was able to do online and the other two I just faxed in my request with a copy of my DL and utility bill.

This year, Oct 26th 2018 when I applied I had the following:

27 inqs in the last 24 months

6 inqs in last 12 months

0 inqs in the last 6 months 

30 new accounts in the last 24 months

7 new accounts in the last 12 months

0 new accounts in the last 6 months 

FNBO pulled EX (no suprise there, that's what they pulled last year too). FICO Score 9 on Experian is 752 per information from Wells Fargo. My Fico Score 9 was 726 last year around this time. This is the only EX score I know from both years, not sure which version they use. It went to pending and it has been there until tonight. I've been checking a few times a day. They never called me. I never called them. 

Approved for 15,000! No prior relationship with FNBO. I never would have attempted again this soon had it not been for the information I found on this forum. I read posts from Approvals and Applications so I could see approvals and declines to get a fuller picture. Thank you all who take the time to provide as much data points as you're comfortable with. I hope someone else finds this useful down the road as well.

mlife approved.PNG

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First National Bank of Omaha MLife approved! 15K SL

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy 

Your approval seems to be an outlier, as FNBO does not like multiple new accounts in a short period of time. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol/24 WUT WUTSmiley Happy

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Might be a good time to garden now.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Nice SL Elktech right out of the gate with them! Enjoy those Vegas trips. Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Nice SL, congrats!  Garden that puppy w/ frequent waterings for now Smiley Tongue.

Message 6 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied last year, Oct 19th 2017, and was shot down for too many inquiries and new accounts. I posted asking about my odds this year and the consensus was that I still had too many inquries/new accounts for First National's taste. (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/First-National-Bank-of-Omaha-Mlife-Odds/td-p/5387818). I agreed.

I continued my research and one member had 50 inqs and was approved for this card. I found another report of someone with more inqs than me also being approved. However, they had both mentioned freezing reports I've never heard of before, IDA, ARS and Innovis. I looked these companies up and one I was able to do online and the other two I just faxed in my request with a copy of my DL and utility bill.

This year, Oct 26th 2018 when I applied I had the following:

27 inqs in the last 24 months

6 inqs in last 12 months

0 inqs in the last 6 months 

30 new accounts in the last 24 months

7 new accounts in the last 12 months

0 new accounts in the last 6 months 

FNBO pulled EX (no suprise there, that's what they pulled last year too). FICO Score 9 on Experian is 752 per information from Wells Fargo. My Fico Score 9 was 726 last year around this time. This is the only EX score I know from both years, not sure which version they use. It went to pending and it has been there until tonight. I've been checking a few times a day. They never called me. I never called them. 

Approved for 15,000! No prior relationship with FNBO. I never would have attempted again this soon had it not been for the information I found on this forum. I read posts from Approvals and Applications so I could see approvals and declines to get a fuller picture. Thank you all who take the time to provide as much data points as you're comfortable with. I hope someone else finds this useful down the road as well.

mlife approved.PNG

Hi there , how are you?

May I know from the date you submitted application on their site until you found you were approved on their site status how many days was there in between ? 

I applied 2 days ago and site show pending

Also what is freezingIDA, ARS and Innovis ? why we have to freeze these reports ? more chance ?

thx

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.