cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Success in my Journey! Barclay's AutoCLI!

tag
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

First Success in my Journey! Barclay's AutoCLI!

Well, I wrote awhile ago (a couple of months ago) about my journey, and then the other day, I started my most recent payoff strategies:http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Stoked-Paying-off-stuff-amp-Nordstrom-Bank/td...

I PIF my Barclay's and I decided to go ahead and just payoff my Orchard too, instead of waiting 2 weeks (like I initially thought I was going to do). So, I was cruising through the threads today about the rewardsbooster with Barclay's, so I decided to check it out. Anyway, I logged into my Barclay's acct, and it was auto increased from my intial $350 CL to $1,050! So, maybe my paying it off helped; even though it's hard to say, because I did open it in July of last year, so I was at that 6 month range. Regardless, I'm happy, and can't wait to pay off more accounts and close those cards that charge AF/Maintenance Fees. This totally made my day, because I never thought I'd get any kind of auto CLI!

Man, I wish I would have found this site when I first filed BK back at the end of 2010, I would likely be SO much farther in my rehealing! But, I'm here now, so that's all that matters!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: First Success in my Journey! Barclay's AutoCLI!

Congrats! 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 16
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Thank you! I'm so excited to be paying things off, and seeing positive benefits!

Message 3 of 16
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

CongratsCongrats

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

What do you plan on apping for next?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 16
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

What do you plan on apping for next?

Dustink, I won't be apping for anything, and if I did it wouldn't be until next year, because by the end of the year, I'll have paid off everything, and closed those accounts I don't want.

I don't have many options, as I have a BK, and when WAMU was purchased (I think by CHASE), then CHASE was burned in my BK, and I also had an MBNA account that is/was backed by BofA, so that pretty much pushes me out of that too. The only Amex account I would want is the Costco one, and I won't be qualifying for that anytime soon. Plus, they aren't BK friendly anyway, from what I've read or seen on these boards. So, I think my options of places to app are pretty slim. I'm going to get a secured cc w/State Department Credit Union, so I can have a high balance account (will open with at least 2-3k), and then add to it over time to get into that 5-10k limit range. It will be my own money, but I think in a year or two, it will definitely help me with the prime cards, plus there will be some distance between me and my BK.

I think the only thing I likely could app for with a small chance to get next year, could maybe be a Discover card, but I've seen it's definitely YMMV with them and BK's on your CR.

@Scorpiostinger -- Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Nothing like a suprise auto increase! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 16
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Congrats! Nothing like a suprise auto increase! 

It does feel good! I haven't had one in YEARS! When my credit was good (eons ago), I would get increases all the time; especially the credit union I belonged to at that time. I started with a $1000 limit and within a two year period of time, I was increased to $7500. Ah, life was good, until it went bad! LOL!

@Epcot & Shogun. Thanks!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.