cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Success in my Journey! Barclay's AutoCLI!

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: First Success in my Journey! Barclay's AutoCLI!

@QueenofReinvention wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

What do you plan on apping for next?

Dustink, I won't be apping for anything, and if I did it wouldn't be until next year, because by the end of the year, I'll have paid off everything, and closed those accounts I don't want.

I don't have many options, as I have a BK, and when WAMU was purchased (I think by CHASE), then CHASE was burned in my BK, and I also had an MBNA account that is/was backed by BofA, so that pretty much pushes me out of that too. The only Amex account I would want is the Costco one, and I won't be qualifying for that anytime soon. Plus, they aren't BK friendly anyway, from what I've read or seen on these boards. So, I think my options of places to app are pretty slim. I'm going to get a secured cc w/State Department Credit Union, so I can have a high balance account (will open with at least 2-3k), and then add to it over time to get into that 5-10k limit range. It will be my own money, but I think in a year or two, it will definitely help me with the prime cards, plus there will be some distance between me and my BK.

I think the only thing I likely could app for with a small chance to get next year, could maybe be a Discover card, but I've seen it's definitely YMMV with them and BK's on your CR.

@Scorpiostinger -- Thanks!!!

Great job OP. I think the mistake most people make post BK is applying for too many cards. I really believe that all you need is 2-3 cards post BK. And I recommend being strategic in obtaining those cards. Sticking with those that will grow with you!!!!!

Congratulations on your credit journey so far. Life does get better with time. Like you, I'm counting down to when I can get an AMEX. People have stated the magic number is eight years post BK. That is still about three years down the line for me. I'll be sure to share my experiences if I decide to apply at that time!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 11 of 16
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Good luck to you too aussiesareforever! Hopefully our journey will be seriously turned around in the next 3-5 years! I think that every individual has to make their own decisions regarding credit, especially since there is SOOO much information out there! But, at the end of the day, I plan on being much smarter than I was before. Regardless of the circumstances, I take FULL responsibility for the mess I created, and now I have to live with it. There are some who have a lot of credit, and (seemingly) are handling it like champs! I applaud them for their success and many kudos to them. I'm taking the K.I.S.S. method, and keeping it simple!

Message 12 of 16
Twister24
New Contributor

Congrats!!!
Message 13 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@chnceit wrote:

Congrats! Nothing like a suprise auto increase! 

Agreed!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 14 of 16
Twister24
New Contributor

Message 15 of 16
Twister24
New Contributor

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.