Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First app spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First app spree

A little backround. I had a cap1 back in 08 that I thought was fully paid off which was not the case. Never received calls or mail about it. Fast forward to 2014 my fiancé and I needed to purchase a car and we both filled out the app. It came back at a 490 for me 😮

So last year I finally got credit karma and found out I out cap1 1500 with the interest they added from barely any money owed. Plus some medical bills. So I began going through and paid everything off and worked on having everything removed. Along with a public record from cap1. My fiancé was kind enough to put me on her 2 credit cards with no missed payments which I'm sure helped a lot.

As of feb 14 I paid and checked myFICO. Scores were as followed

EQ- 693
TU-704
EX- 533

I finally got everything removed from ex and it jumped up to 712.

I've been checking my prequals and finally I had some pop up.
Applied for the following.

Discover it - approved for 1k
Cap1 plat- approved for 1k
Bank of americard - denied for lack of history
Amex - denied for lack of history
Lowes - 7-10 message. Called answered some questions and approved 700. Called the backdoor number and asked for 10k approved
Cabelas visa - same thing 7-10 day message called 2 days in a row and finally got an answer tonight. Approved for 3k

I'm finally on the road to getting better credit. Thank you all for the great info!

Sorry for the long message
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First app spree

Congrats on some great approvals. 🍾🎉🎊

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A little backround. I had a cap1 back in 08 that I thought was fully paid off which was not the case. Never received calls or mail about it. Fast forward to 2014 my fiancé and I needed to purchase a car and we both filled out the app. It came back at a 490 for me 😮

So last year I finally got credit karma and found out I out cap1 1500 with the interest they added from barely any money owed. Plus some medical bills. So I began going through and paid everything off and worked on having everything removed. Along with a public record from cap1. My fiancé was kind enough to put me on her 2 credit cards with no missed payments which I'm sure helped a lot.

EQ- 693
TU-704
EX- 533

Lowes - 7-10 message. Called answered some questions and approved 700. Called the backdoor number and asked for 10k approved
Cabelas visa - same thing 7-10 day message called 2 days in a row and finally got an answer tonight. Approved for 3k

I'm finally on the road to getting better credit. Thank you all for the great info!

woah!

Congrats!

Message 3 of 17
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

great app spree. let it all to grow..
4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job - now come join us in the graden!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I'm planning on gardening for quite a bit while I let these grow. Next plan is to join nfcu. Can't say enough about all the help I've received here from reading a bunch of posts...
Message 6 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ- 693
TU-704
EX- 533

woah!

Congrats!

+1

Yes the Lowes limit "IS" a big deal.

In spite of a store card it factored into some fast-track credit building when i first started out.

Nice spree and results. Congrats!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep thinking about trying to recon boa but I honestly don't see them budging
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aaoa for the au is only 11months longest being 1.5 yrs if anyone has any input on how to recon it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 9 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I keep thinking about trying to recon boa but I honestly don't see them budging

Yeah, it is for sure a TU pull should you decide to try.

I always like to suggest that with BofA it can go either way or an offer for the secured card.

Some have gotten a denial overturn and start line at $1K and went on to see increases with them outpace the whole lineup.

It just depends whether or not you feel it could be worth the try or not.

Again, nice spree results so far.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.