Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First card, Amex Hilton honors approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card, Amex Hilton honors approved

Super excited!  Been repairing my credit for several months now.  Hurt my credit pretty bad the last few years but worked on paying things off and got a big raise at work and am doing much better now.  I only got a $1k limit. Hoping I can get that up soon though. 

I started a business this year also, I'd like to apply for the American Express business amazon card but not sure if I should wait awhile before trying or not. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: First card, Amex Hilton honors approved

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 16
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and good luck!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait atleast 3 months before apping for business card, unless your profile supports and scores support it. I apped and was another hard pull after 2 weeks having my first Amex and was another hard pull I think had I waited awhile would've been soft pull approval. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know thanks

Message 6 of 16
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Super excited!  Been repairing my credit for several months now.  Hurt my credit pretty bad the last few years but worked on paying things off and got a big raise at work and am doing much better now.  I only got a $1k limit. Hoping I can get that up soon though. 

I started a business this year also, I'd like to apply for the American Express business amazon card but not sure if I should wait awhile before trying or not. 

Congratulations, once you have your card and have established  a reported cycle send your data points and we can work on the business card through the amex app with your existing profile and avoid an additional credit pull (This also works for personal cards).  Also in 61 days you can turn your 1k into 3k then in 181 day into 9k.  Keep your balance low and PIF when you can.  Remember, It's not sprint it's a marathon!

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 7 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and first card! 👍

Message 9 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@NimbusIII wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, once you have your card and have established  a reported cycle send your data points and we can work on the business card through the amex app with your existing profile and avoid an additional credit pull (This also works for personal cards).  Also in 61 days you can turn your 1k into 3k then in 181 day into 9k.  Keep your balance low and PIF when you can.  Remember, It's not sprint it's a marathon!

The chances of a 3x CLI on a $500-1000 starting limit is almost zero. Reality is, they'll have to sit on that limit for 1-2 years unless their profile drastically improves.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.