Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First card, Amex Hilton honors approved

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: First card, Amex Hilton honors approved

When i first got back my Amex after 10 plus years on bk , i was approved for a Green charge card and the Everyday card. My ED started at $1k.  I used it for a car repair at Pep Boys to tune of $800. 2 weeks after approval, i took a chance, requested  a 3x and recieved itSmiley Happy. With Amex , ymmvSmiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 12 of 16
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 13 of 16
Openwater
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval. Follow the AMEX x 3 CLI guide that was mentioned or search the forums for it. It has good results.  @NimbusIII is spot on with that advise, I second it. Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 14 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NimbusIII wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Super excited!  Been repairing my credit for several months now.  Hurt my credit pretty bad the last few years but worked on paying things off and got a big raise at work and am doing much better now.  I only got a $1k limit. Hoping I can get that up soon though. 

I started a business this year also, I'd like to apply for the American Express business amazon card but not sure if I should wait awhile before trying or not. 

Congratulations, once you have your card and have established  a reported cycle send your data points and we can work on the business card through the amex app with your existing profile and avoid an additional credit pull (This also works for personal cards).  Also in 61 days you can turn your 1k into 3k then in 181 day into 9k.  Keep your balance low and PIF when you can.  Remember, It's not sprint it's a marathon!

Thank you!  What do you mean "send data points"?  So the business amazon card should be applied using the american express app, not the amazon website?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.