Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First ever Barclays auto increase

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

First ever Barclays auto increase

I just received the first auto increase ever from Barclays. I did a 8k balance transfer last year. I paid it off before statement closing this week. New statement dropped and my credit limit went from 22k to 26.3k. I got the card in 2015. Thought I would share the experience. I didn’t even think they gave auto CLIs because I have NEVER received one.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First ever Barclays auto increase

Yes, they sure do. For some profiles those auto-CLIs can occur in less than a year from account opening to several years later, like in your case.

Nevertheless, congrats on the auto-CLI.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI! Here's to hoping I can get an auto CLI eventually.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I didn't know they did auto increases either. Good to know.. Congrats!
Message 5 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"my credit limit went from 22k to 26.3k". 

"I didn’t even think the gave auto CLIs because I NEVER received one."Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

FinStar,  Barclay and Chase seem to be the ones that never auto increase for me. I've had Chase since 2010 and I think they may have done a small one at one point. I took one hard pull CLI on Barclay about a year or so after I got it. But, I said I would never do that again. I just waited to see if they ever did it on their own. They took their sweet time that's for sure. It was a pleasant surprise.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 7 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Barclay's and CLi's are like playing games with thin air. Most cases it is no fun but in a very few cases it is very entertaining. Most people do not show a need for a CLI at Barclay's for any number of reasons and as a result they never get one. A very select few though are misjudges by Barclay's and as a result get CLi's by banker's choice. This is all considering though how conservative Barclay's is already with SL's and approvals.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tonya-E good feeling catching a real nice CLI from Barclay! Also, can't help but notice your outstanding FICO 8 Scores ... awesome!
Message 9 of 10
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Dinosaur yes it really does. I realize I probably didn’t state that as I should have in my initial post. I just have never figured out what the key was to make them want to do an auto CLI, so I thought they had maybe suspended them. I have always been quite responsible with the account. I do not seek credit unless I have a valid reason (I freeze all my reports to resist any temptation to app, or at least make it have to be a conscious decision that’s thought through). I used the card regularly. It was just a pleasant surprise. And thank you so much. Since I recovered on my scores many years ago I have learned a lot up here. This forum has helped me to get them to where they are now.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.