Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time around!! Feelings great!

tag
TheFeagster
Valued Member

First time around!! Feelings great!

Sooooo this is my first time posting so be patient with me, with the lingo and tags 😁. I have been researching like crazy and peeking around here for a month or so and i finally decided to go push the button on some apps! Soooo with one Capital one quicksilver that i had at about 4% ultilization for 10 months no late payments and these scores:
EQ 684, EX 688, TU 669

I applied for & got approved for
AMEX GOLD: NPSL
NFCU LOC: $5k
NFCU Go Rewards: $15k
AMEX DELTA: $4K
Amex Hilton $1K
Discover It student: $500

I’m praying that all these new cards don’t kill my score but I’m super excited!!! Plan on keeping all of my ultilization under 10%!

Any good advice?

NFCU Visa Signature 15k
NFCU LOC 8k
Discover IT $500
CAP ONE 1.5k
Amex Gold NPSL
Amex Delta Gold 4k
Amex Hilton 1k
Barclays Apple Rewards $700
PenFed LOC $500

EX: 689 TU:674 EQ: 667
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time around!! Feelings great!

Congratulations on your additions! 👏🏾 Very nice choices 👌🏾

My only advice would be pump the breaks a bit, and do some research on the garden!
Message 2 of 11
TheFeagster
Valued Member

Yes i will like to go to the garden for at least 6 months after this! Have a baddie that I’m in the process of disputing and i want to watch my AAoA increase. Hopefully some SP for CLI in the next 90 days will give me success!

Can i ask an off topic question? For the life of me i can not figure out how to get my cards/ scores as my signature..... could you help me with the steps to do so?

NFCU Visa Signature 15k
NFCU LOC 8k
Discover IT $500
CAP ONE 1.5k
Amex Gold NPSL
Amex Delta Gold 4k
Amex Hilton 1k
Barclays Apple Rewards $700
PenFed LOC $500

EX: 689 TU:674 EQ: 667
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say you jumped into the pool quite nicely. Congratulations! 

And thanks for the DPs.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on an impressive haul!

Two bits of advice - aim for slightly less utilization. Instead of below 10%, go for below 8.9% for the best effect on your scores.

Second, garden for a year rather than 6 months. That’s a big chunk of inquiries and new accounts and they will have an effect. Give them 12-13 months so the inquiries no longer affect your score and your accounts age (youngest account hitting a year of age is good for a score boost), and focus on CLIs on these accounts instead. After a year, if you need to apply again, I’d go after Discover and an AmEx core revolver. If you’ve gardened well and kept UTI low you could be positioned for some big SLs!
Message 6 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals, as others have stated, bring your UTI down under 8% and garden. Your scores will go up in now time.

Also - for your signature - https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/t...

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 11
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Nice haul! But definately time to put on the breaks and grow/garden them for sure!

Keep the utilization down! Learn what you can about the lenders here. Keep up good habits and give it time to grow!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals spree !!!!

Message 9 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.