Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time post - Amex approval & more

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time post - Amex approval & more

Hello all, im new to the forum. This is my first post but have been reading for over a month. My scores are tu-678, eq-664, ex-669. Not the greatest but have worked really hard over the last 3 years to bring them up. I currently have 2 derogs (charge offs) on my report from 1/13. My last late payments were in mid-2015.  I was approved for a Amex everyday w/ a 1k cl. last week. I had gotten 2 offers from them in the last couple of months. Just 2 days ago I was approved for a Chase - Disney Card with a 2.5k cl. My current cards before the 2 new ones were Cap 1 with a 800 cl, wells fargo with a 3.5k cl, citi dc w/ a 1k cl. I also have credit one with a 750 cl. I never use it though. After reading these forums the last month I have learned alot. Last week I asked for & received a cli on citi for $500, cap 1 for $850 & wells fargo for $900. As far as I can tell all were soft pulls even wells fargo. I plan on putting in a cli request on the amex after 61 days.  These forums are very informative. Thank you to everyone for the great intel. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First time post - Amex approval & more

Welcome to the boards and congrats on your approvals.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum , Congrats on your approval

Message 3 of 10
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Congrats on all the new cards & welcome! Cat Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, im new to the forum. This is my first post but have been reading for over a month. My scores are tu-678, eq-664, ex-669. Not the greatest but have worked really hard over the last 3 years to bring them up. I currently have 2 derogs (charge offs) on my report from 1/13. My last late payments were in mid-2015.  I was approved for a Amex everyday w/ a 1k cl. last week. I had gotten 2 offers from them in the last couple of months. Just 2 days ago I was approved for a Chase - Disney Card with a 2.5k cl. My current cards before the 2 new ones were Cap 1 with a 800 cl, wells fargo with a 3.5k cl, citi dc w/ a 1k cl. I also have credit one with a 750 cl. I never use it though. After reading these forums the last month I have learned alot. Last week I asked for & received a cli on citi for $500, cap 1 for $850 & wells fargo for $900. As far as I can tell all were soft pulls even wells fargo. I plan on putting in a cli request on the amex after 61 days.  These forums are very informative. Thank you to everyone for the great intel. 

Welcome to the forum! Smiley Very Happy

Super Congrats on your credit success!

Thanks so much for sharing your data points

with us. Just like you have learned a lot over

the past month, others will benefit from your

example as well. We appreciate you sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals and CLI's. Welcome to the forums as well!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. T!

Thanks for the DPs -- very useful. 

Message 8 of 10
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your approval!
April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 9 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.