Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foot in the door with NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foot in the door with NFCU

After all the reading up on the forum for Navy Fed, I had to jump in. I opened a savings account and then immediately decided to go with the Cash Rewards card. Got approved for a low SL of $1,000, and called them to ask about a higher SL. I was told it's not unusual for new members to get a low SL. So they submitted a request for a higher line and should hear back soon. Regardless of what happens, I'm excited as heck to be part of the NFCU fam! Applying for a mortgage in about 18-24 months so back to the garden I go. In reality I should've held off on the card because of the mortgage, but I couldn't take it anymore. I had an itch that needed scratching lol. I'll provide DP's and any updates on the CLI for the SL when I hear back. 

AC7D3FC2-32E5-4A60-9FC5-CA0BD78F7280.jpeg

FICO8

TU-695 (715 FICO9 which was pulled according to others)

EQ-676

EX-689

Inquries

TU-6 (with the NF pull)

EQ-2

EX-4

Youngest open Revolver-  Disco CB 1/21 $3,500

Oldest open revolveler- Capital One Platinum $400 11/20

Synchrony Car Care card - SL $2000 opened 10/20

AU CARDS 

TD BANK TARGET REDCARD $8,600 opened 9/06 

CITI Sears MC - $4,000 opened 2/14

Both AU cards are counting for F8 due to trial and error. 

Overall utilization is 7%

AAOA 4 yrs 1mo (until reporting for NFCU kicks in) 

Couple of baddies that are aging off soon.

They pulled TU, but not sure which versison of FICO or if an internal scoring model was used. Bummed about the low SL, but I get it. I became a member just today. Hopefully they work some magic for me with a CLI after some underwriting!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Foot in the door with NFCU

Congrats!!  Even if you don't get a CLI right now - the card will grow so be patient and build that relationship. 

Oh - they use TU FICO 9.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 38
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on CR approval!!! You asked me about 91/3 on last thread. Locked before I could reply. 91 days, or 3 full statements you can apply for 2nd card and CLI on first. Just make sure 3 full statements. First statement may be a partial. Good luck!!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 38
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

Congrats!!  Even if you don't get a CLI right now - the card will grow so be patient and build that relationship. 

Oh - they use TU FICO 9.

@thornback @Absolutely! I've read they're very generous with CLI once established with them. As you said, regardless of the outcome of the CLI decision, I'm sure I can expect a significant increase once I'm eligible after the 91/3 rule. Just glad to be part of the fam now!

My TU FICO9 is 715

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:

Congrats on CR approval!!! You asked me about 91/3 on last thread. Locked before I could reply. 91 days, or 3 full statements you can apply for 2nd card and CLI on first. Just make sure 3 full statements. First statement may be a partial. Good luck!!

Smiley Happy

@blindambition  thank you! I'm excited to be a part of the NFCU fam! I'll make sure to wait for 3 full statements! 

Message 7 of 38
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

Smiley Happy

@blindambition  thank you! I'm excited to be a part of the NFCU fam! I'll make sure to wait for 3 full statements! 

I forgot to add current CLI caveat. You can ask for what you want, but CLI is generally capped at $4k. Due to COVID.

Message 8 of 38
Fico_Salamanca
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

>

>

Message 9 of 38
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.