Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Debit Card User App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Former Debit Card User App Spree

It's been a while since I applied for new cards especially after receiving the Citi Prestige Last year (My credit journey explained in detail at the following thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Journey-from-Debit-to-Citi-Prestige/td-p/46223...). But I fell out of the garden to take advatage of some promotions offered ealier this year. The additions are as follows:

AMEX Platinum - 50K Points plus saved $100 on the the AF since I was approved before the fee upgrade to $550. The Airport we fly out of has a Centurion lounge which is a savings for the way my teenagers eat. I was also able to use the Pre-Check benefit for my wife since I already have this benefit through the prestige card

America Airlines - 60K Points Don't really use the card after I received the bonus but it is a keeper since the first checked bag is free for the entire family. We travel @ 3X per year as a family and twice a year just as a couple. That is a savings of $800 per year on Baggage

AMEX Every Day Preferred - 15K Points - This is my goto card now for all of my spending. The amount of points that we have generated in the last three months has been tremendous compared to the AMEX PRG

Alaska Air - 30K Points and Companion Ticket - I picked up this card strickley for the companion ticket feature. This will allow my wife and I to travel once a year for the price of one ticket.

Changes:

I converted my CapOne Venture Card to Quick Silver to save on the AF and Im considering giving up my PRG before the annual fee hits. What do you guys think? The only reason I hold on to the PRG now is for dining but that is it. I use the everyday preferred for everything else. I do like the fact that I can the PRG charge card for certain purchases to keep credit ratio pretty much stays constant. The AMEX Plat is only good for Airfare points for the most part outside of the perks. 

I'm back in the garden until summer 2018 (Hopefully) Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Former Debit Card User App Spree

Nice approals..  If you are going to dump the PRG and do a deent amount of dining I would consider picking up the Ctii Costco Card (if you shop at costco) or AARP card 3% dining/Gas Cashback or the Marvel MC also 3% Cashback on dining in form of statement credit along with 3% on many other categories as well. If dining isn't a big spend item for your family you have a nice line-up of cards

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.