Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Founders FCU CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Founders FCU CC

Hey folks, just wanted to let y'all know I found a really good CU for residents in the carolinas. While they won't be able to service many of y'all, the ones in many counties of north and South Carolina they are a great option to checkout. I called last Thursday about a LOC to consolidate a credit card and a high interest loan from springleaf. The last I talked to told me to apply for their "no frills" visa as opposed to a typical unsecured loan. I told her it was about 15k I needed to consolidate and she told me to apply for the CC. If that didn't get approved she would go the other route. So I did and was approved for 20k (the amount I app'd for) instantly. No income verification. Just had to email a copy of my drivers license. The intro rate was 2.9 for 12 months and 7.9 after that on balance transfers. This was all after refinancing a car, buying a new pickup, and getting about 25k in new credit cards the in the past 4 weeks. They are super easy folks to deal with and had I known this before I would've prolly refinanced with them instead of PenFed a couple weeks ago for the simple fact they are local to me. Just thought I'd share in case the info could help someone. Any questions of me just ask.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Founders FCU CC

Congrats on the approval. It seems that this CU might be good for the ones in their servfce area.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JamesMS. They've been around my area for years and isk why I never talked to them before. Glad I finally did.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful because you are making the family of Erskine Bowles' wife richer.  They started that credit union to get the money right back after they paid their employees at Springs Industries.  When they sold The Springmaid Pier and Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC they took their ATM out of the parking lot.  I have family members who got in through Duke Energy.  I even signed them up and paid for a savings account at NFCU and they took the money out and dropped it like yesterday's news when their ATM cards came in the mail.  It may be a good CU but I don't care to make the Springs family any richer.

Message 4 of 12
thummel
Established Contributor

Congrats
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

BlueCord11B:

Do you mind sharing your FICO score. I know founders normally pulls Equifax exclusively. I have the Platininum Visa with Founders now with $2500 credit limit but i'm considering changing to the no frills and transfer some balances. BTW founders is great  to work with. i've financed multiple cars with them in the past.  

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey folks, just wanted to let y'all know I found a really good CU for residents in the carolinas. While they won't be able to service many of y'all, the ones in many counties of north and South Carolina they are a great option to checkout. I called last Thursday about a LOC to consolidate a credit card and a high interest loan from springleaf. The last I talked to told me to apply for their "no frills" visa as opposed to a typical unsecured loan. I told her it was about 15k I needed to consolidate and she told me to apply for the CC. If that didn't get approved she would go the other route. So I did and was approved for 20k (the amount I app'd for) instantly. No income verification. Just had to email a copy of my drivers license. The intro rate was 2.9 for 12 months and 7.9 after that on balance transfers. This was all after refinancing a car, buying a new pickup, and getting about 25k in new credit cards the in the past 4 weeks. They are super easy folks to deal with and had I known this before I would've prolly refinanced with them instead of PenFed a couple weeks ago for the simple fact they are local to me. Just thought I'd share in case the info could help someone. Any questions of me just ask.

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Onmyway sure my Eq is 687 Ex is 686 and TU is 711. thanks for the congrats y'all.
Message 9 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you on the approval and thanks for sharing, to bad I don't live in the area, oh wait I'm in the garden silly me.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.