Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 535 to 740 fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From 535 to 740 fico

@Anonymous wrote:
...  my credit score went from 535 to 740 ...

I'm curious where you're getting those scores from? 

And Congrats! Jp on your happy family & new credit card.

Message 11 of 17
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and newfound CLI's!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and credit rebuild! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey everyone! Just here to share my experience and my rebuild of the past year. When I was 18 I got my first credit card which was a B of A card with a 500$ limit. I maxed that card out and never paid it. That tanked my credit and up until last year I didn’t even try to do anything with credit because I knew it was **bleep**. But it did fall off my credit report after the 7 years so I started again,this time married and having a newborn and wanting to buy a house soon. I was approved for a cap one platinum card for 300$ and made all my payment on time. Also got a Kohl’s card to help my utilization. So with a total limit of a whopping 600$ my credit score went from 535 to 740 in a little under one year. Last week I applied for a target card as we do a lot of shopping there and got an instant in store approval for 1500$. My capital one card also went from 300$ to 1000$. Well I thought to myself I need another credit card not retail card to help my utilization stay low. This morning applied for the quicksilver one card and approved for 3000$ starting limit! I couldn’t be happier from coming from not even beeing able to finance the smoke off a burger to having a 740 score. I plan to garden for a year and then we will be house hunting. My income is a little over 40k a year and my wife stays home with our son. We do very well though and I couldn’t be happier. So if you think you’ll never dig yourself out from **bleep**ty credit just know it can be done !

Super Congrats on your credit rebuild success! Smiley Very Happy

I absolutely love reading stories like yours. You pulled yourself up

and decided to get to work on your credit and prosper where you

were planted. Your testimony is proof that it's not how much credit

you have, but it's about how well you manage your credit. Great job! Smiley Very Happy

I would echo the sentiments of previous posters and advise you to give

some serious consideration to a Pen Fed 2% Power Cash Rewards card,

as well as American Express. Even with Amex's charge cards they now

offer a pay over time (POT) feature. The POT doesn't report to the CRAs, so as

long as you're either paying in full each month or paying over time, it's all good.Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your success. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

P.S. The Pen Fed Power Cash Rewards card

is 2% if you have some sort of military affiliation.

If you don't, then it's 1.5% for all qualifying purchases.

If you're not military affiliated, you can gain membership

by making a small donation.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
rbentley
Established Contributor

* posted in error*  Please disregard.  Can't see function to delete entire post, only the content.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.