Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From AMEX Blacklist to WOW!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From AMEX Blacklist to WOW!

Congrats on your success!  If you don't mind letting us know, how much did you burn them for in the charge off?  

I included them in BK7 back in 2009 for a little over $20k, and I'm still on the blacklist.  Smiley Sad

Message 31 of 39
kjonesjr00
New Contributor

I was curious too. I burned them in 2012 for almost $17k. I'm thinking that I'm banned for life like Pete Rose is from baseball. 😑

Message 32 of 39
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

@kjonesjr00 wrote:

I was curious too. I burned them in 2012 for almost $17k. I'm thinking that I'm banned for life like Pete Rose is from baseball. 😑

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay. I burned them for $1800. Not much compared to others. It could be why I am back in the door. AMEX, from what I hear base their CL on what you have for other cards. I have an NFCU cash rewards card for 31k. This could have helped with the higher starting limit. Gotta love AMEX and Navy!!

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Yeah AmEx has seen the light, in some way or another. I have a C/O with them less than 3 yrs old. Only 21 mos. of perfect payment history built up since. *** AND AN OPEN AMEX OPTIMA CARD ***

The other week, I applied for, and was approved for, a AmEx Platinum (NPSL), Bonvoy Brilliant ($3000), and Amazon Business Prime ($3000). I never had to cancel my Optima. It's still open, with all $700 of its CL open! LOL

Message 34 of 39
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@glockrunner wrote:

@kjonesjr00 wrote:

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay. I burned them for $1800. Not much compared to others. It could be why I am back in the door. AMEX, from what I hear base their CL on what you have for other cards. I have an NFCU cash rewards card for 31k. This could have helped with the higher starting limit. Gotta love AMEX and Navy!!

You stated you burned them, but you paid some of it back. How much did you pay them back? I burned them for 2,300 back in 2016. I'm waiting till my Bk 7 is 5 years old. I plan to pay the full amount. 

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@glockrunner wrote:

Thanks for adding the additional info/data points. Congrats on your approval and incredible starting limit. 

Message 36 of 39
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@glockrunner wrote:

@kjonesjr00 wrote:

You stated you burned them, but you paid some of it back. How much did you pay them back? I burned them for 2,300 back in 2016. I'm waiting till my Bk 7 is 5 years old. I plan to pay the full amount. 

I paid a little over $900. So around 50%. That was their offer.

Message 37 of 39
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@glockrunner wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@glockrunner wrote:

@kjonesjr00 wrote:

I paid a little over $900. So around 50%. That was their offer.

Thank you!

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! 

Yeah AmEx has seen the light, in some way or another. I have a C/O with them less than 3 yrs old. Only 21 mos. of perfect payment history built up since. *** AND AN OPEN AMEX OPTIMA CARD ***

The other week, I applied for, and was approved for, a AmEx Platinum (NPSL), Bonvoy Brilliant ($3000), and Amazon Business Prime ($3000). I never had to cancel my Optima. It's still open, with all $700 of its CL open! LOL

Did you pay them back or deal any deal? 

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.