Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Bad Credit to Credit Card Approvals from AMEX, Discover, and NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From Bad Credit to Credit Card Approvals from AMEX, Discover, and NFCU

Wow, that was quite a story. Congrats on your credit success. I got my first Amex card back in September '17 and oh boy, I remember the feeling when I saw I was approved. Reading your story makes me itch once again to apply for another Amex, LOL. 

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Wow, that was quite a story. Congrats on your credit success. I got my first Amex card back in September '17 and oh boy, I remember the feeling when I saw I was approved. Reading your story makes me itch once again to apply for another Amex, LOL. 

lol yea, and I can def undersand that itch. I just started with them and I have my eyes set on the Amex Platinum. Hopefully end of the year, crosses fingers lol.

Message 12 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm too lazy to read all of that but congrats! Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy wall of text.Smiley Happy

Don't mean to spoil the fun by why is this story in the Credit Card Approvals forum?  The "What to post in the CC Approvals Forum" guidelines specifically state "The Credit Card Approvals forum is for posts about new personal credit cards or CLIs on your existing personal credit cards" I don't see either element in this story.

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story! Just keep doing what you wrote you would now do.

Message 16 of 35
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Nice work!  Close that First Premier account ASAP!

This community has a ton of wisdom to offer, but I think the most helpful thing it can teach those of us rebuilding our credit is to treat our cards well.  Following this board is a great source of inspiration to make the most of your existing accounts and to do what you can to improve your credit.  With that mindset, you'll go the extra mile to make sure you never have a late or returned payment.  You'll be amazed how much that alone will improve your FICOs over the coming months.

When I first started reading these boards in the summer of 2012, my most recent 120+ late was only about 8 or 9 months old, and my scores were just starting to creep back into the 600s.  I started really caring about my credit, and in addition to applying all the knowledge I'd picked up from this place, I was more focused than ever on keeping all my accounts in perfect shape.  Less than a year later, they made it into the 700s.  Today, they're in the high 700s, where they've been for years.

In a few months, that last 120+ late will age off of my account as the DOFD passes the 7-year-old mark, with zero late payments on anything since, and my FICOs poised to break 800 for the first time ever.

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LionLawwrote:

Nice work!  Close that First Premier account ASAP!

This community has a ton of wisdom to offer, but I think the most helpful thing it can teach those of us rebuilding our credit is to treat our cards well.  Following this board is a great source of inspiration to make the most of your existing accounts and to do what you can to improve your credit.  With that mindset, you'll go the extra mile to make sure you never have a late or returned payment.  You'll be amazed how much that alone will improve your FICOs over the coming months.

When I first started reading these boards in the summer of 2012, my most recent 120+ late was only about 8 or 9 months old, and my scores were just starting to creep back into the 600s.  I started really caring about my credit, and in addition to applying all the knowledge I'd picked up from this place, I was more focused than ever on keeping all my accounts in perfect shape.  Less than a year later, they made it into the 700s.  Today, they're in the high 700s, where they've been for years.

In a few months, that last 120+ late will age off of my account as the DOFD passes the 7-year-old mark, with zero late payments on anything since, and my FICOs poised to break 800 for the first time ever.

Yea, that is great. very encouraging.

Message 18 of 35
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats on your rebuilding, I was an Amex customer until 2006, then was on their blacklist until 2017. It’s good to be back as an AMEX cardholder

Message 19 of 35
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

Idk, Maize, I saw new credit approvals in that post.
NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.