Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From the garden to chase bank....

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

From the garden to chase bank....

I haven’t had the urge to apply for a CC in over 2 years, I thought I would be content with having only 2 CC’s. So today I happened to apply for the chase CSR. I was approved for 19.5k with 17.99 Apr. I thought the lowest Apr was 17.74? Did the interest rates go up?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From the garden to chase bank....

Congrats on your CSR approval! Yeah, the prime rate went up by .25% 2 weeks ago.

Message 2 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and amazing SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 8
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

Husband recently paid off my Chase Freedom account (60 days ago)....today he received an email with a "special offer" 4.99% for 6 months for anything charged/balance transfered after 11/1 - needed to opt in to receive it (he did but doesn't expect to use it)....so there are offers out there with Chase, just interesting how quickly they noticed he paid them off 

Message 4 of 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, that was well worth coming out of the garden for 2 years!

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:
I haven’t had the urge to apply for a CC in over 2 years, I thought I would be content with having only 2 CC’s. So today I happened to apply for the chase CSR. I was approved for 19.5k with 17.99 Apr. I thought the lowest Apr was 17.74? Did the interest rates go up?

The way the Fed is raising interest rates, the lowest tier APR will be 22.99 soon enough

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

What are the subprime card interest rates going to become/or have become

Could get interesting if the subprime cards hold out on the increases in APR... 

-J

Message 7 of 8
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@ Meanmchine
True, but sad! Sad only if your the type to have revolving balances (like me sometimes)!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.