Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with Amazon Store CC - Update: CLI Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrated with Amazon Store CC - Update: CLI Approved

So I originally was approved for the Amazon Store CC with a paltry 200.00 line... In the last 9 months my score has increased into the 700's...
I hit the CLI luv button, and everytime I get the dreaded denied button...
when I get the letter it states that my scores are too low, it shows that the report was last pulled in november of 2018...so when do they update your credit score? Anyone else ever run into this problem?
Thoughts?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated with Amazon Store CC

Synchrony’s methods are, quite often, a mystery. They are very generous with some profiles (including those that you wouldn’t expect generosity out of), and uptight with others (that you would expect them to loosen the purse strings for). I also seem to be in the latter group. My PayPal MC’s limit lags wayyyy behind my other cards’ limits and they haven’t given me a CLI in the 1 year+ that I’ve had the card.

Some have reported luck with calling Sync’s overseas phone number and requesting an updated soft pull for CLI consideration. You might try that before giving up.
Message 2 of 14
Penjamin_Fedington
Valued Member

How much do you spend each month on the card? Some companies (cap one) want you to max out the card and pay it down 2 or 3 times in a billing cycle before they will give a CLI.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Penjamin_Fedington wrote:
How much do you spend each month on the card? Some companies (cap one) want you to max out the card and pay it down 2 or 3 times in a billing cycle before they will give a CLI.

I use the card every month to the limit and payoff in full each month before the statement end date...

Message 4 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Are your reports frozen or locked by any chance? 

Synch will not entertain CLI requests with locked/frozen reports

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

By calling Credit Solutions, with unfrozen report, they will sp you in the moment. 2 to 3 minutes wait time. I think you have a great shot now. Ask for 10k, your score merits that limit Smiley Happy Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I originally was approved for the Amazon Store CC with a paltry 200.00 line... In the last 9 months my score has increased into the 700's...

I hit the CLI luv button, and everytime I get the dreaded denied button...

when I get the letter it states that my scores are too low, it shows that the report was last pulled in november of 2018...so when do they update your credit score? Anyone else ever run into this problem?

Thoughts?

The same thing happened to me with my Walmart Card. My SL was at $500. My bankrupcty had fallen off my Transunion so I kept trying for an increase. I even waited for specific statements to be cut then tried to get an increase and got denied. I had called in to ask why and just kept being told to try back. Finally the last rep explained to me that they use the original report that was pulled until a certain time passes. My pull date on my letter I believe was like October 2018 and the rep told me to try to ask for an increase after the 6th of May that has passed. And to give it a few days after that to let it update just in case. I did it on the 10th and got an increase. I believe different banks have different requirements of when they update their reports. Since yours was on November 2018 I would wait till the middle of this month to give it some time and try again. Or try calling and speaking to a rep and see if they can give you a better idea of a date. It just depends on that particular rep that answers the phone is willing to really look and help you. Good luck.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
By calling Credit Solutions, with unfrozen report, they will sp you in the moment. 2 to 3 minutes wait time. I think you have a great shot now. Ask for 10k, your score merits that limit Smiley Happy Good luckSmiley Happy

Just got off the phone with them... they increased my line to 1000.00 with a review in 90 days...

Once again MFF comes thru...

Just shows how much knowledge are on these boards....

Thank you to everyone, especially the New DISCO member!! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

That's great, although $1000 is still awfully low for your profile, IMO ... they gave me a $1500 limit two weeks ago, and then as now, my oldest account on TU is 2 months old, I don't even have a TU FICO score, and my FAKOs are low 600s ... this stuff can be mysterious. Anyway, congrats, and hopefully it builds up at a good pace starting in 90 days.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Anonymous, congrats on finally getting a CLI on your Amazon CC.

I have moved your thread to the Approvals section and made a slight edit on the title. Feel free to edit/update as you wish.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.