Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny QS1 arrival story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny QS1 arrival story

I'm new to rebuilding, which may explain my reaction.

So today, my new QS1 card arrived in the mail. Exciting when you are rebuilding credit and a more empowered life. I carefully opened the envelope (savoring my little victory) and I am staring at a blank card. No numbers. My first thought was "Omg, what a tease!" (Had they changed their minds after approving me?) Panicked, I'm shuffling through the paperwork, looking for an explanation. Then I turned the card over and see the account numbers printed on the back. I guess it's a design feature, or security feature? For a minute I really wondered if my new card approval was too good to be true.

It activated. All is well.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Funny QS1 arrival story

Smiley Very Happy That made my day! Yes, Capital One switched over the QS/QS1 design in April. Lots of cards are doing this not...I am sure the purpose is of both security and aesthetics.

Message 2 of 6
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to rebuilding, which may explain my reaction.

So today, my new QS1 card arrived in the mail. Exciting when you are rebuilding credit and a more empowered life. I carefully opened the envelope (savoring my little victory) and I am staring at a blank card. No numbers. My first thought was "Omg, what a tease!" (Had they changed their minds after approving me?) Panicked, I'm shuffling through the paperwork, looking for an explanation. Then I turned the card over and see the account numbers printed on the back. I guess it's a design feature, or security feature? For a minute I really wondered if my new card approval was too good to be true.

It activated. All is well.

Congrats Phoenix55! Do not mistake it for one of those crazy prequalified envelopes with a fake card in it!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, silly Capitol OneSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, silly Capitol OneSmiley Wink

Silly me. I'm obviously new to credit cards and panicked thinking they they sent me a blank card?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice story! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S! Enjoy your new car. Charge wisely and have fun.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.